Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: New Vortex Razor LPV Coming...

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slateman View Post
    So it's JUST the calculations and hold overs? If I want to hold left 3 MOA for wind, but I'm at 4x power (Scope was zeroed at 8x), then I actually have to hold at the 6MOA mark, right?
    You would hold half as much at 4x vs 8x. A 3 MOA hold for wind at 8x is a 1.5 MOA hold at 4x with a second focal plane reticle.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    Now if they would shave 4 oz. off of the pst 1-6...
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    I think Vortex did well by shaving weight. But if it's actually only 4 Oz lighter bringing it to 21.2 oz, it's better, but not a "sell what you got and pick this one up" kinda deal. If it was a 1-8 with the same known quality features as the vortex LPVs have at the existing weight, that would be something to talk about. I just don't see anyone selling their current 1-6 and picking this up. I do own one of the 1-6 gen2s already, among many other 1-6/8 LPVs. The Kahles and MK6 can make it to 17oz and under and still be top of the class. It's a step in the right direction but still falls short for me. Just my opinion.
    I agree. It’s been said already in a different thread but I’ll say it again. The biggest disappointment Vortex Product Development team delivered (IMO) was their pushing a 1-8 Strike Eagle in their lineup instead of taking time to develop a 1-8 in the Viper PST line. I don’t play in the $2000 optic playground with some of my brothers here, but I believe that Viper PST line is the best mid value optic on the market today. ($600-$900 range) It just seems they could have really hit a home run in the hunter/tactical market with a PST Gen 2 1-8 rather than going to the cheaper route is the Strike Eagle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Maybe they are starting low with the 1-8s and will gradually work their way up. maybe a pst next year or so.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    Maybe they are starting low with the 1-8s and will gradually work their way up. maybe a pst next year or so.
    That's what people said last year about the Strike Eagle

Feedback Score
    Vortex,
    Please set up an upgrade program like Leupold that allows for scope rebuilds with the weight savings. I would gladly pay a few hundred dollars for the rebuild. Everyone keeps comparing the Razor to the Kahles, but they are hundreds of dollars cheaper and SOPMOD approved. Kahles has not met these standards to my knowledge. If it is a duty weapon, then I would go with the Vortex. I have heard of several Kahles 1-6s being returned for reticle canting issues from recoil, I have not heard the same of Razors.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedyz View Post
    Vortex,
    Please set up an upgrade program like Leupold that allows for scope rebuilds with the weight savings. I would gladly pay a few hundred dollars for the rebuild. Everyone keeps comparing the Razor to the Kahles, but they are hundreds of dollars cheaper and SOPMOD approved. Kahles has not met these standards to my knowledge. If it is a duty weapon, then I would go with the Vortex. I have heard of several Kahles 1-6s being returned for reticle canting issues from recoil, I have not heard the same of Razors.
    You'd probably be out the same amount if you just sold yours and bought a new one.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyyke View Post
    4oz doesn't sound like a lot, but I can feel the difference between the 25.2oz Razor vs the 20oz Vudu when shouldering the rifle in the bedroom. But out in actual shooting, the difference kind of fades.

If I didn't already have the Razor I'd be excited for this change, but as others have said I won't be going through the trouble of ditching my old one for this one.
    Its the opposite for me, the extra weight above the bore axis gives me more noticeable overswing when transitioning targets.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I agree. It’s been said already in a different thread but I’ll say it again. The biggest disappointment Vortex Product Development team delivered (IMO) was their pushing a 1-8 Strike Eagle in their lineup instead of taking time to develop a 1-8 in the Viper PST line. I don’t play in the $2000 optic playground with some of my brothers here, but I believe that Viper PST line is the best mid value optic on the market today. ($600-$900 range) It just seems they could have really hit a home run in the hunter/tactical market with a PST Gen 2 1-8 rather than going to the cheaper route is the Strike Eagle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with you, but from a business stand point, Vortex sells the Strike Eagles by the truckload. I would consider a PST 1-8 over a 1-6 Razor. The PST being the mid-line, has great glass. The new Gen II has damn nice glass. I have looked through one. That said, I bet Vortex sells 2 Strike Eagles for every one PST. They have to follow the market.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    What's the word on the Razor 1-6 HD Gen II e? Any in stock yet? How much?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast