Page 24 of 354 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: The GOOD DEALs and INTERESTING find thread!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone need some Oakley stuff? SKD has some major cash back on them. Up to $600 in SKD cash if you buy like $1000 in Oakley stuff.

http://www.skdtac.com/Oakley-s/27643.htm
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Not your typical .308 ammunition, but I just ordered a case because of the price. At a price of $125 for 1,000 rounds, this will work well for our needs in shooting close in and for pictures.

http://www.southernohiogun.com/ammun...ical-ammo.html

If that's the ammo I think it is, it was designed to be used in a HK G3 with a special bolt carrier for full function.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If that's the ammo I think it is, it was designed to be used in a HK G3 with a special bolt carrier for full function.

Mine just arrived, I'm going to hit the Stick range and will be able to give first hand feedback on a couple of different platforms. If it is a No-Go, we will all know shortly.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

It will NOT cycle the FN FAL, Armalite AR10, SCAR 17, Mega Arms .308 or in one other AR/SR25 style weapon. However, it is a lot of fun to use with a bolt action .308.

Great for malfunction drills as it will feed fine, but it isn't even close to ejecting. I might play around a bit and see if I can get one of the .308s to work with it using an adjustable gas block, but honestly I think I'm in for a disappointment in getting gas guns to run. I think these will be for single round drills in the gas guns, and for use in the bolt action for the nephews using the Mauser 98 308 conversion rifle I have laying around. I'll make them low crawl and do sniper drills with open sights.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I got a chance to do a little digging. The blue ammo is designed to be used with the HK training bolt. The HK training bolt is a blow back design. I wondering if it's possible to make a blow back training bolt for the 308 AR?

I came across information stating the rim diameter of the blue ammo is slightly smaller than the standard 308 rim and there have been extraction issues using a standard 308 bolt.

I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I got a chance to do a little digging. The blue ammo is designed to be used with the HK training bolt. The HK training bolt is a blow back design. I wondering if it's possible to make a blow back training bolt for the 308 AR?

I came across information stating the rim diameter of the blue ammo is slightly smaller than the standard 308 rim and there have been extraction issues using a standard 308 bolt.

I'm wondering the same thing. I have the HK, but I don't have the training bolt. I have no problems extracting it from my AR based platforms, or the SCAR, but the older Mauser 98 conversion needed to be tilted back a bit. I'm still more than happy with the purchase, and in an absolute worse case scenario, I'll use them to mix in with live rounds for training malfunctions.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you were designing a blowback 308 bolt and ammo you might make the boltface diameter small enough so it wouldn't chamber and fire standard ammo. Because that would be bad.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you were designing a blowback 308 bolt and ammo you might make the boltface diameter small enough so it wouldn't chamber and fire standard ammo. Because that would be bad.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing. I have the HK, but I don't have the training bolt. I have no problems extracting it from my AR based platforms, or the SCAR, but the older Mauser 98 conversion needed to be tilted back a bit. I'm still more than happy with the purchase, and in an absolute worse case scenario, I'll use them to mix in with live rounds for training malfunctions.
    https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-G...-113p18265.htm

I am American

Feedback Score
    https://www.armsunlimited.com/Berett.../j131t18le.htm

thought this was a good deal, there is a new model coming out though just an FYI
    Last edited by LockenLoad; 02-06-18 at 17:27.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

Page 24 of 354 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast