• Glock 19x

45 52.94%
  • Other

8 9.41%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: CZ P07 VS Glock 19x

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Congrats - glad you like it - just picked up one myself. Overall a great gun with super features and a very cool color scheme. I get tired of FDE, and this thing looks grey, tan, beige or FDE depending on lighting - CZ nailed it.

One thing I really DON'T get is all the vid reviews out there that tout how smooth the Omega trigger system is. It ain't. Unless all the reviewers get hand picked guns, ALL that I handle have some grit, and 50% are very gritty, stagey, and what I'd call sticky OTB.

I have two now that are slick as all getout with polishing Cajun parts and hundreds of rounds and thousands of dry fires, but they didn't start that way. My UG edition is fairly 'sitcky' and stagey - even after dry firing and a couple hundred rounds. Its probably worse now than when I bought it. So no - the Omega system is not smoother than the regular dual trigger bar 75 series system.

If you've worked on them and talked to CGW, the Omega is QC problems because of the way its manufactured. Plenty of grit to go around.

HOWEVER, they do get VERY nice - but it takes work. Enjoy.
    Last edited by m4brian; 02-14-18 at 21:19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Attachment 50486

I wish I could find such a holster for my P07 with a TLR1.
    Why does it not work with the cz? People say they use the x300 version with p07s.

Feedback Score
    It will not fit the P07 different sized trigger guard plus a different flashlight.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    After surprising the wife with the day off for.valentine's day, I was ecstatic to get the APL in from OpticsPlanet today.

I also did my first deep cleaning on it and am absolutely fascinated with how the trigger mechanism and hammer work.

I cleaned up the surfaces of the hammer and the... Sear Plate? And gave them a light oiling with slip 2k.

The trigger is now TOTALLY different.

The single action is smooth and crisp, the stageyness in the double action is pretty much gone and I am excited to get another 200 rounds through it with the slip2k to help break the double action in more.

Absolutely ecstatic to finish vetting and carry this. I've truly enjoyed the shootability I have with this gun.

Plus, that APL is pretty damn aesthetically pleasing.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    After surprising the wife with the day off for.valentine's day, I was ecstatic to get the APL in from OpticsPlanet today.

I also did my first deep cleaning on it and am absolutely fascinated with how the trigger mechanism and hammer work.

I cleaned up the surfaces of the hammer and the... Sear Plate? And gave them a light oiling with slip 2k.

The single action is smooth and crisp, the stageyness in the double action is pretty much gone and I am excited to get another 200 rounds through it with the slip2k to help break the double action in more.

Absolutely ecstatic to finish vetting and carry this. I've truly enjoyed the shootability I have with this gun.

Looks great! I am glad you are so happy with it thus far.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post

If you go to the Polymer section of the CZ Forum and look at the sticky thread (first one) you will find content that is pretty essential to P series owners on how to clean up and smooth the action. Stick to pages 1,2 and 7 for starters - the rest is a bunch of comments and miscellaneous stuff.

I just took a UG P07 and made the trigger smoother than a Legion by polishing the trigger pin, trigger bar, sear pin, hammer strut, and installing a SR kit and 15 LB spring. P07s come with poorly finished internal parts which make the trigger very gritty. As you've seen, much can be improved and if you follow the thread (not all the junk content) you can get an amazing trigger pull - not just a good one.

Its funny. The old 75s came with poorly machined slides and frames (internals), but their trigger pulls were awesome and their accuracy and reliability were second to none. The new P guns have poorly finished internals and immaculately machined slides and frame inserts.
    Last edited by m4brian; 02-16-18 at 06:20.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    If you go to the Polymer section of the CZ Forum and look at the sticky thread (first one) you will find content that is pretty essential to P series owners on how to clean up and smooth the action. Stick to pages 1,2 and 7 for starters - the rest is a bunch of comments and miscellaneous stuff.

I just took a UG P07 and made the trigger smoother than a Legion by polishing the trigger pin, trigger bar, sear pin, hammer strut, and installing a SR kit and 15 LB spring. P07s come with poorly finished internal parts which make the trigger very gritty. As you've seen, much can be improved and if you follow the thread (not all the junk content) you can get an amazing trigger pull - not just a good one.

Its funny. The old 75s came with poorly machined slides and frames (internals), but their trigger pulls were awesome and their accuracy and reliability were second to none. The new P guns have poorly finished internals and immaculately machined slides and frame inserts.
    Thanks for these vital details!

I also saw, on CZForums, the the triggerbar support spring is usually over tensioned and can be relaxed. Going to order a second spring, just in case, before I consider any modification.

After watching a detail strip, and seeing how much internal grit in the oil that's used at the factory, I would like to do so and clean all the parts and replace a few springs and hold onto the OEMs for replacement. Considering the CGW RP-FPB spring, the reduced power trigger return spring, and I am not sure if it's worth it: the sear tuning kit, while I plan to get at least 500 rounds down the pipe before making any mods like that, I am tempted to have spare parts.

Its 22 dollars in springs, but 8 dollars shipping.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 02-16-18 at 07:22.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Roger - the trigger bar spring is in the thread. When I have the whole deal out, I take the spring OUT and also polish it at the sharp end - no need for sharp edges in a gun. My GUESS is that you could follow the polishing regimen and have a good DA and leave all stock. I have not done that, but wouldn't mind doing it as an experiment. (Again, the trigger bar and mainspring strut alone can be crude enough to ruin a trigger in DA on these guns).

Replacing the trigger return spring is almost essential in these guns anyway. The CGW spring is lighter and lasts 2-3 times longer.

If you want to run a lighter DA, you need to replace the firing pin with the longer Cajun one. Also good at that point to replace the plunger and FP spring.

You should then get the 15 AND 18 LB springs for the mainspring because the 15 MAY not light the hardest primers. I personally think that the 15 is good for ANY carry/defense ammo you would use.

That is why I generally get the Short Rest Kit (comes WITH the extended FP, better roll pin, with plunger spring and FP spring) as well as some very nicely made parts to shorten reset (not essential). I also get the 15/18 LB springs, AND the CGW sear springs which are better because they make the sear engagement more positive.

But the urban grey on this frame is 'sick' as they say. It is truly a cool color. Also, I am finding the tall sights fine for general use - need to do more shooting though. the extended mags are also a nice contrast and change the feel of the grip. Excellent gun.
    Last edited by m4brian; 02-16-18 at 08:16.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Looks great! I am glad you are so happy with it thus far.
    Thanks WW.

Until the Black Rhino Holster comes in, I am pictured out. Haha.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 02-16-18 at 08:03.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I should also add that the roller on the FPB cam can be a source of problem for the DA pull. Put it on a thin BRASS punch and run a felt tip from a dremel on it, and make it smooth and more uniform - this also helps a bunch. If it is the right size you can also buy another CGW part that is near perfect and can help the DA pull.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast