Page 229 of 311 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 3110

Thread: LMT .308 MWS Pictures show us your setup

Feedback Score
    Have you had any issues with the heavy buffer PB? I have an 18” SS barrel for the MWS as well and I am curious to see if that would change anything over the 16” CL barrel. Not sure but it might be worth a shot. I love this rifle.....ultimate set up would be a 6.5 creedmor barrel but that is a while away.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Also, ejection pattern was all at 1-2 o’clock. Brass was dirty but not dinged up. I hope this helps those MWS owners that are looking for options while shooting suppressed.
    The XH buffer and armalite spring did not make any difference with my mws, other than increasing the weight of the gun. I stopped using it.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    The XH buffer and armalite spring did not make any difference with my mws, other than increasing the weight of the gun. I stopped using it.
    Thats interesting, I blindly trusted the heavier buffer knowing the gun was scalding hot. I should have tested the other spring and buffer more. Its running good now with my Sig can so Im happy as a lark. My AAC 7.62 SDN was making the gun HOT HOT HOT. Like someone said, eject at 1:00. I could see brass flying in front of the gun.

PB

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Out of 150 rounds fired, I had 3 FTF/FTE. I lubed the rifle with Castrol GTX 10W30.
    https://i.imgur.com/teSl7JF.jpg
    Not sure how to feel about this set up, maybe I thought the XH buffer was the answer. I may look into the AGB route just to cover all bases. I should also try with different ammo.
    My rifle was doing the exact same FTE in your link with FGMM 168 and Specwar762. Brass also flies out at 1:00 and is dirty with a flat on the case neck from hitting the deflector (I assume). Thanks for relaying your experience. This will put my plans to try an XH buffer on hold for the time being. I am enjoying the rifle unsuppressed too, due to the recoil mitigation from the brake.

I recently upgraded to the Nightforce SHV 4-14x50 with MIL-R and couldn't be happier there either.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bnanaphone View Post
    My rifle was doing the exact same FTE in your link with FGMM 168 and Specwar762. Brass also flies out at 1:00 and is dirty with a flat on the case neck from hitting the deflector (I assume). Thanks for relaying your experience. This will put my plans to try an XH buffer on hold for the time being. I am enjoying the rifle unsuppressed too, due to the recoil mitigation from the brake.

I recently upgraded to the Nightforce SHV 4-14x50 with MIL-R and couldn't be happier there either.
    I have one of the scopes and they are best deal out there for what you get. I love mine too. F1, good glass, zero stop whats not to like?
    Its no ACTAR, but neither is the price. I want another.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bnanaphone View Post

Huh, looks exactly like my MWS. Lol. I want to try some different ammo with my 18” SS barrel and see what happens. If I decide to go for an AGB, I will have to do some research on which one. I have the same scope.....Great glass for the money. ��������

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Great minds, deuce71.

I started with an inexpensive, but effective, SWFA fixed 10x but wanted a more useful magnification range. From there I went to an IOR 2.5-10x42. It had great glass and tracked well but I still wanted a bit more on the top end and the reticle was too thick for my tastes. That is when I settled on the SHV 4-14. I get the Nightforce reliability and tracking with a useful reticle that has an illuminated center cross and FFP. This is my "deer rifle" and so that is all useful. I really wanted the ATACR but couldn't swing it after getting a GenII Vortex for my bolt gun (and have money left for ammo). For me, this is the perfect scope.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Thats interesting, I blindly trusted the heavier buffer knowing the gun was scalding hot. I should have tested the other spring and buffer more. Its running good now with my Sig can so Im happy as a lark. My AAC 7.62 SDN was making the gun HOT HOT HOT. Like someone said, eject at 1:00. I could see brass flying in front of the gun.

PB

PB
    Probably more a function of the suppressor you were using than anything else. My MWS has all kinds of function issues with my Saker 762, but if I use my Surefire 762 mini 2, it runs like a top. Low back pressure suppressors make things so much easier.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Probably more a function of the suppressor you were using than anything else. My MWS has all kinds of function issues with my Saker 762, but if I use my Surefire 762 mini 2, it runs like a top. Low back pressure suppressors make things so much easier.
    I haven't had a chance to run it again since my last tweak, but if I can't resolve the issues I'll likely look at replacing the Saker with another can. Really intetested on the KAC long can that was introduced at Shot. The Saker is fine with my .300 BLK, so it might find permanent residence there.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Huh, looks exactly like my MWS. Lol. I want to try some different ammo with my 18” SS barrel and see what happens. If I decide to go for an AGB, I will have to do some research on which one. I have the same scope.....Great glass for the money. ��������
    AGB is a no go on MWS, the factory gas block is pressed into place. Also the gas-port is drilled at an angle but not sure if the gas-admission port on the gas-block is too, provided of coarse you can get the stock block off. I plan on having a 20" rifle gas-barrel shortened to 16" to see what that does for the over gassing situation. some have had success with adjustable gas bolt carriers.

Page 229 of 311 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279 ... LastLast