Thread: Custom 1911's and their prices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    What frame and safety failed??

I would also like to know more details...........

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I just recently purchased my first custom 1911. I purchased a WC X-TAC Professional 4" in 9mm. It is their base model. I did some trading and picked up a WC Vickers Elite in 9mm and a Vickers Elite Black Edition in 45acp.

The X-TAC is all steel but should ride good in a DeSantis 002 Speed Scabbard I have coming. It functions just as nice as the Vickers Elite does, just none of the extras. I do prefer the medium length trigger on the Vickers over the long pad of the X-Tac. Still not sure if I like the Sunburst grips. The Vickers fill my hand without voids. Grip panels are an easy change. Not sold on the gold bead front sight either.
    OH YES, I am a BIG Fan of front serrations. The X-TAC does not have them, but being 9mm the slide is easy to clamp the slide out front and press check or rack it.
    Nothing I can't work through with the X-TAC. It should be quieter, No BELLS AND WHISTLES making so much noise.

So much ammo to shoot, so little time for a retired person, now the chief cook and bottle washer. Honey DOos.

POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Well done, looks like somebody jumped in with both feet. Sweet 1911 family. That 9mm is one of the hottest rigs around these days.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"