Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated 22LR upper or conversion kit?

Feedback Score
    I've got a dedicated Spike's .22 and love it. After break in with about 500 rounds (when I only had a few FTE's/FTF's), I haven't had a single issue. Only put Federal Bulk Pack through it, which works for me given the price.

Feedback Score
    I opted for the Spikes Dedicated 22 Upper as well. I wanted to be able to have some cheap practice with my AR Lower without giving up the accuracy I would get with the conversion kits in the AR Upper.

These groups were fired using a cheapo 4X scope and Federal Bulk ammo. The GSG-5 groups used the same ammo but with a cheap red dot.

Feedback Score

DPMS .22 Bull Barrel Conversion Kit

I have a DPMS .22 Bull Barrel Upper receiver that I want to sell can anyone suggest a good place to advertise it. I haven't been able to find a website that seems right for this item.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by uscbigdawg View Post
    I used to run a CZ V-22 upper. Had the big mags from Black Dog Machine and it ran like a champ. I switched to the Nordic AR-22 chasis system and will tell you that it is WAY, WAY better.

Find a donor 10/22 and buy the chasis system and go!

Rich
    Outside of the differences in controls and trigger, does the nordic AR-22 feel pretty close to an actual AR-15? I like the idea of having an AR in .22, but I have concerns about getting parts for it down the road if something breaks. Having a 10/22 as the base would mean a reliable gun with plenty of spare parts.

Feedback Score
    Exactly why I did it. Keep the spare parts for the rifles doing "big bang" work.

Rich

Feedback Score

22 ar

Hi guys lucky you have such choice, over here in the uk we dont have, if you want
    a semi/auto rifle then .22 is all you get, .223 in straight pull, load one shoot one
    and our choice is even less. BUT !! i have just brought this its a sabre defence lower ( they are also supplied by dpms and spike but i couldnt wait ) tactical solutions upper with a sabre defence rail, ( see pic ) comes supplied with black dog mags which cycle with no problems at all 27 or 10 rnd in clear, smoke or black just this minute ordered 2 more from brownells feels like its big brother and using cci mini mags feels well balanced not quite like the m4 but its all weve got, highly recommended

Feedback Score
    Seems to me that the dedicated upper is the way to go. Especially if you are wanting to recreate the same experience while shooting it. And there are a lot of companies now offering this like Model 1 Sales, Spikes, Tactical Solutions etc. Plus with the 16" twist rates you are going to get a much more accurate shot, and don't forget about the fouling from all the lead.
    4%'er

“I'm the weapon, this is just a tool"
    -Michael Wilson

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    No, get the conversion kit. That way you get to use the same sights you have on your main rifles without investing in sights/optics for your .22LR specific upper.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonhgross View Post
    No, get the conversion kit. That way you get to use the same sights you have on your main rifles without investing in sights/optics for your .22LR specific upper.
    This is what I finally figured out (with the help of this forum and others) before I ordered my CMMG conversion (not here yet). Not only can I use the same sights, but the same everything. I would hate to put a DD Omega on a 22LR upper so it would be the exactly the same as my 5.56 upper.

That said, it if works, and the reports are that the CMMG does, it is way less money than a dedicated upper. Yeah, I know, it won't shoot sub 1" groups out of a 5.56 barrel but if that was my goal I'd be shooting a good bolt action target rifle anyway.

Feedback Score
    A dedicated upper is definitly the best way to go.

-Tom

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast