The following is a list of troubleshooting measures that is also avalable on our website.
The sight will not power up:
(1) Ensure the batteries are inserted properly according to the diagram on the bottom of the battery cap.
(2) Replace the batteries with new, unused batteries that contain a full charge.
(3) Inspect the battery contact points in both the battery cap and on the sight itself. These contact points are spring loaded and surrounded by a rubber gasket that may catch the spring. Move the contact points around and ensure they are at or above the surface of the rubber gasket.
(4) Reset the electronics by removing any source of power for approximately two minutes. This will allow a capacitor in the electronics housing to drain of power, resetting the electronics. Reconnect the batteries and operate the sight as normal.
(5) Check the battery contacts for corrosion or wear. Clean the contacts.
(6) Contact Customer Service.
The reticle is fuzzy/ has a 'halo' effect/ has more than one reticle:
The reticle is naturally pixilated and the outer circle will appear to be made up of many small dots. The center circle will still be distinguishable as one dot.
(1) Lower the brightness level of the reticle. This fault is generally caused by the reticle brightness being too high. The reticle is not designed to be so bright as to block the target.
(2) The reticle is projected onto your target plane. You must focus on it like you would any other object at that distance. Do NOT focus on the sight housing like other reflex sights; focus on your target. The outer ring is designed to be a reference to center, similar to a ghost ring.
(3) If you wear corrective lenses for nearsightedness, you will require them to see the reticle in focus as it is projected onto the target plane. If you wear bifocals or have astigmatism, you may see a distorted reticle.
(4) Check with others who have used the sight, and compare what you see to ensure it is not your focal acuity prior to turning the sight in for repair.
(5) Contact Customer Service.
The reticle is flashing/ flashing on and off/ unit turns off during recoil:
(1) This is the low battery indicator. Replace the batteries.
(2) If the batteries are low, the weapon platform may still cause the reticle to flash on and off, even before the low battery indicator takes effect. Replace the batteries.
(3) Replace the battery with Energizer brand batteries. These have proven to be the most effective to withstanding a consistent amount of recoil. Many brands of batteries deteriorate faster than others and can result in these failures.
(4) Contact Customer Service.
There is a streak in the reticle/ the reticle is dim/ the reticle fades in parts of the window:
(1) Replace the batteries.
(2) Check with others who have used the sight, and compare what you see to ensure it is not your focal acuity prior to turning the sight in for repair.
(3) Contact Customer Service.
I am missing a bolt/ have broken a bolt/ have broken a latch:
(1) Contact Customer Service.
Customer Service Manager
L-3 EOTech Inc. (734)741-8868 x3919