Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Hi Power Experts

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Man that turned out VERY Nice. I was going to leave my stock, with the exception of some new grips to replace the shitty Hogue rubber, but now you have me thinking.
    Thanks. I do have another of the aluminum framed ones that has the original finish. It doesn't have near as much cosmetic wear as this on did.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm not as comfy as Yoni with just leaving the safety off, and I'm not in hostile territory where that would be as prudent.
    just for clarification safety is on when I holster the Hi Power into a kydex holster. Once in the holster I take the safety off, I did this back in the day when the safeties on the Hi Powers was tiny. I happened to carry my Hi Power today, which is a MK3 with a bigger safety, but due to lack of shooting a hammer fire gun very often I took the safety off once it was in the holster. I don't see it as being any different once it is in the holster as a Glock

Feedback Score
    Does any one here have a MK3 firearms built Hi Power?

I watched their video on Hi Power triggers and it looks like they have an almost 1911 trigger pull.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    just for clarification safety is on when I holster the Hi Power into a kydex holster. Once in the holster I take the safety off, I did this back in the day when the safeties on the Hi Powers was tiny. I happened to carry my Hi Power today, which is a MK3 with a bigger safety, but due to lack of shooting a hammer fire gun very often I took the safety off once it was in the holster. I don't see it as being any different once it is in the holster as a Glock
    Totally agree. I won't carry this pistol for the same reason of not shooting a hammer fired pistol often enough too.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Here's the Sig X5 barrel compared to the Hi Power. I believe it's a big part of why the Hi Power is less than enjoyable to shoot.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Thickness, locking mechanism, weight or color?

Feedback Score
    I just bought a 40S&W Hi Power, also 2 KKM barrels one in 357sig and the other 9mm.

It is all going to MK3 Firearms in Vegas to get the barrels fitted and their single stag trigger, with a flat trigger.

The KKM barrels were ordered 0.7 inch longer than stock, the exposed portion of the barrel will get mag-na-ported, then the barrels will go off for black nitride finish.

The pistol will also be fitted with a red dot.

This pistol will fulfill my desire for a 2011 type gun but with great flexibility in caliber. It also fits my nostalgic love of my old issued pistol.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Thickness, locking mechanism, weight or color?
    Beef! I mean... I assume the locking mechanism is effectively the same thing, but I could be wrong. The two smoother shooting 9mm pistols I've shot are the X5 and the Staccato... both have hog barrels.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The .40 S&W guns have/had 3 locking lugs as opposed to 2, as on the older 9 mm guns.
    This obviously provides a beefier lock up for the hotter cartridge.
    If you were going to run a .357 Sig barrel, like Yoni, this is the way.
    A lot of guys were doing this with 9mm as well. Advantage being longevity with hot +P or “+P+” ammo.
    From memory KKM produces 3 lug 9 mm barrels. (Yoni?)
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    I have a 40S&W HiPower. It has the most difficult slide to rack that you'll ever encounter. I still like it though.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast