Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Smith/Lipsey's ultimate carry J-frame

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have been shooting J Frame revolvers for over 40 years and still carry one when I leave the house.

I would like to see a J Frame with a 2.3/8" - 2-1/2" barrel. I would also like to see the cylinder release moved slightly higher on the side of the frame.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I am hoping my shop doesn't happen to have one of these tomorrow. I know they had a bunch on order. Fingers crossed. I just put a bunch of money down on a Surefire Socom 3 and a SP5K. My wallet needs a break!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    I am hoping my shop doesn't happen to have one of these tomorrow. I know they had a bunch on order. Fingers crossed. I just put a bunch of money down on a Surefire Socom 3 and a SP5K. My wallet needs a break!
    If you are talking about Barrow’s, I asked them earlier this week if they had any and they told me to call back in a couple of weeks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I have been shooting J Frame revolvers for over 40 years and still carry one when I leave the house.

I would like to see a J Frame with a 2.3/8" - 2-1/2" barrel. I would also like to see the cylinder release moved slightly higher on the side of the frame.
    Yes, that would be sweet!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MSH72 View Post
    If you are talking about Barrow’s, I asked them earlier this week if they had any and they told me to call back in a couple of weeks.
    Those guys are killing me!!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I picked up my 442UC today. It has the best factory stocks I have ever held.

The trigger has a very even rolling press. It's the best out of the box J-frame trigger I have ever tried.

The sights are great. That big green dot really pops, and drops right into the U-notch rear sight.

I'm going to do some dry presses this evening, then hit the range tomorrow after church.

For the price, you'd be a moron not to snag one of they were available. I have paid a lot more for J-frames that were not this good after a trip to a smith. For basically $200-ish dollars over the MSRP of a basic 642, you are getting custom gun features.

Joel at Lipsey's, with input from Darryl and BrYan knocked this out of the park. A big tip of the Stetson to the folks at Smith&Wesson for producing such a solid revolver.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I picked up my 642 UC yesterday. Great stocks and trigger, I really like the sights but the night sight is dead. I emailed S&W yesterday. I'm sure they will take care of it but I worry that they may not have replacement sights.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    There are two members at the S&W forum posting about dead front sight, looks like you're one of the two unlucky buyers. We'll see if there are more.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    My 442 came in this morning. Text my FFL and asked him to check the front sight, he responded that it was dead. Damn shame. I told him to mail it back and cancel my order.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    My 442 came in this morning. Text my FFL and asked him to check the front sight, he responded that it was dead. Damn shame. I told him to mail it back and cancel my order.
    They refuse to pay for a person to look over each gun before it goes out? Pathetic.

How many sales will they lose because of all the people who will read about this on forums and think, "If they aren't even checking that the front sight glows, how well are they checking everything else?!"

We can assume no QC from S&W other than mounting it to a rest and firing it to be sure it won't blow up.
    Last edited by Ron3; 03-06-24 at 08:50.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast