Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Florida bill to revoke squatters' rights, protect property owners

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Maybe I should start a business called Guido’s Squatter Eviction Service. Hire me a dozen guys with no necks and unibrows where they walk in on the squatters , lock the door behind them and say “now yous can’t leave”. I could make a fortune.
    It's the New Car Repo game.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't know what the big deal is here. Most States require open occupancy for 5 to 15 years and paying taxes etc......

This is an LE issue, not a squatting issue.

Feedback Score
    I don’t think many ‘squatters’ are looking to take ownership, they are just looking to stay rent free, or at least that is the recent trend. Steal all the copper and white goods. Probably the fastest way to solve it is to show up with friends, and them have a ‘valid’ lease and tell the squatters that they are calling the police and here’s $500 or a grand to leave right now- or get arrested when the cops come. Sounds like a money maker for off-duty Sheriff deputies..

I’m seeing a travel agency that has multiple tiers of ‘vacations’ starting with Squatter Swatting, progressing to Somali/Houthi pirate shooting and the platinum package of IDF sniping in Gaza…

The complexities of Caste Doctrine in squatters scenario.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I don’t think many ‘squatters’ are looking to take ownership, they are just looking to stay rent free, or at least that is the recent trend. Steal all the copper and white goods. Probably the fastest way to solve it is to show up with friends, and them have a ‘valid’ lease and tell the squatters that they are calling the police and here’s $500 or a grand to leave right now- or get arrested when the cops come. Sounds like a money maker for off-duty Sheriff deputies..

I’m seeing a travel agency that has multiple tiers of ‘vacations’ starting with Squatter Swatting, progressing to Somali/Houthi pirate shooting and the platinum package of IDF sniping in Gaza…

The complexities of Caste Doctrine in squatters scenario.
    If they don't own it they can be forcefully removed from your property or shot for trespassing depending on the State or jurisdiction. Shouldn't be as hard as people make it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Our county is cracking down on these camps and churches allowing the homeless to habitate. They are fining the business due to all the trash and waste buildup and the impact on the environment. Needless to say, the businesses are kicking them out to keep from getting hammered by the county. Now the derilects just wonder off to some other secluded area to set up camp.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    If they don't own it they can be forcefully removed from your property or shot for trespassing depending on the State or jurisdiction. Shouldn't be as hard as people make it.
    The State is making it harder than it has to be intentionally. Anarcho-Tyranny needs the chaos and powerless peons, after all.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Sooner or later someone is gonna snap. Once again, I hope I'm on their jury.

I can tell you for a fact that if the wife and I took a week-long vacation (wouldn't be any longer than that as she can only take a week at a time, not that it should matter) and I came home to find some POS "squatting" in my house, it would not go well for them. At that point in time I wouldn't GAF what the "law" said. I have a short fuse, no apologies. They would leave, upright or horizontally, their choice. I'll take my chances......
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Sooner or later someone is gonna snap. Once again, I hope I'm on their jury.

I can tell you for a fact that if the wife and I took a week-long vacation (wouldn't be any longer than that as she can only take a week at a time, not that it should matter) and I came home to find some POS "squatting" in my house, it would not go well for them. At that point in time I wouldn't GAF what the "law" said. I have a short fuse, no apologies. They would leave, upright or horizontally, their choice. I'll take my chances......
    You could possiblly tie this in to the current thread about "What to say to the Cops after a Shooting."
    I'm really not sure how your not supposed to lose your mind and start shooting. There's a lot of very personal stuff in my House, it's kind of the core of where I exist. Some Hobo sleeping in my bed, sitting in my chair and eating my snacks, I would lose it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I don't know what the big deal is here. Most States require open occupancy for 5 to 15 years and paying taxes etc......

This is an LE issue, not a squatting issue.
    In many jurisdictions, just claiming you own the place is enough to push it out of the criminal trespass realm into the civil courts where it can take months or years to settle. In those same jurisdictions it is not legal for you to lay hands on someone to forcibly remove them and the police departments won't help you since it's a civil matter. Alaska got out ahead of this over 20 years ago, so it's pretty easy to remove someone if they haven't paid you rent, or have some sort of rental contract. However, if you charge them one month of rent and allow them to stay over 28 days you have to start the eviction process and law enforcement won't help you until you've gotten a judgement in civil court. This also takes months and effectively steals income out of the pockets of land lords.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wondered if homes were getting valuable enough for scams again.

https://wreg.com/news/mississippi-wo...sing-home/amp/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast