Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review, with pics.

The SA Pro guns are proof positive that correctly fitted 1911s (even very tight ones) can work 100%.

20 LPI checkering is definitely hard on ungloved hands. I put a strip of duct tape over the frontstrap if I'm going to do much dry fire or live fire. This keeps my hands healthy (of course, cuts and scrapes in the hands are not a good thing if you're working patrol).

A high-cut frontstrap would be nice, but this wasn't as common a few years ago when this pistol was spec'd. I believe the Bureau would have to ask for this mod before SA would do it.

This would appear to be the same reason why this model uses a Novak rear.

Fortunately, there are better options these days, and they are fairly easily installed, if one has just a little bit of skill with files and stones.

(I just changed out the Heinie on my NHC/VT for a 10-8, and had to remove .007" of material from the sight)

Of course, should you swap out the sight, good chance you'll degrade the Black T in the area of the dovetail.

A few bits of info/opinion . . .

A railed 1911 with a light is a heavy beast to wear every day, but you'll get used to it. A good belt system helps. I've found that an unintended benefit of converting my 6280 to a 6004 is that much of the weight was taken off my waist.

I've been using SLS holsters for for quite a few years. Consider installing a hood guard to keep the SLS hood from inadverent opening.

Recently read somewhere that Safariland now offers a 6360 for railed/lighted mounted 1911s. You may want to look into this.

As to a mag pouch, I've had good results with the Eagle FB style 3 mag pouch.

Magazines - for 8 round mags, CMC Powermags have worked better than anything else I've tried.

Nice pistol. It should serve you well. Stay safe.