Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mods to my issued M4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great idea! Please keep us informed of how it holds up.
    We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.

-Archilochus

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot Barry View Post
    Are there any restrictions on what slings you pick and how they are installed?

Thanks
    In my unit a lot of guys run BFG VCAS slings, although most of them run the sling from the factory attachment points.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    The FSP comes in the Lite rail, and he would have to change out the barrel nut. This setup retains the entire stock setup minus rails/handguards, and nothing has to be altered for the rail install.
    Ah, yes I forgot about that part.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rgrwilcox View Post
    How do that PEQ-2A and x300 get along? Do you think it would work with a PEQ-15?
    Haven't tried it yet with the 15s but it holds up good with the 2s. The x300 doesn't get in the way of the laser when on aim lo or hi. It does however when I use the dual settings but not too much. I don't have a use for the dual power anyways.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Captains1911 View Post
    It's interesting that your zero didn't change, I would have guessed it would for sure. Also, where the hell do you get near beer from, I haven't seen that crap in years?? (not that I want any)
    I really didn't run too much stuff on my m4 previously, just the peq 2. I did however did a 100 meter zero and did significant adjustments to my cco as well as my irons from my previous 200 meter zero at 25meters.

Near Beers are abundant here when deployed. lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot Barry View Post
    Are there any restrictions on what slings you pick and how they are installed?

Thanks

In my unit we get issued VTAC slings. Most soldiers attached them to the issued sling swivels but a lot of our guys have there own, mostly BFG rail mount sling loop or the qd swivel mount. Pretty much have a choice on what slings we can use.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    Great idea! Please keep us informed of how it holds up.
    Ran about over a 1000 rds of m855 through it. Heat transfer to the hand guard is pretty much the same as the standard issue KAC. I've been running it for over two months know and have no other problems. When I shot my buddies rifle (w/ standard KAC) felt like the upper was going to fall apart on me. Just an exaggeration but you know what I mean. lol

Feedback Score
    Some units run a "hear no evil, see no evil" policy on mods. providing of course you maintain all the original parts. I am running Larue mounts,A FUG, a BAD lever, ASAP plate, MIAD grip and MOE stock with no issues from the Chain. But if someone else gets involved, I am basically Ronin and will pay the price.
    We must maintain issue optics and use issue ammo. Depending on your role, some guys are running bipods of various types, VCAS slings, or single points. We got issued some LMT stocks. The unit basically has same diversity as M4C in the setups.
    But since redeployment is finally upon us, most rifles will go back into compliance with the Party line shortly

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I must say that is pretty awesome! Way to "field engineer" that rail, great job. You should seriously send your story and pics of the results to Daniel Defense. I bet they would be interested in seeing what you have done here.

Stay safe over there Brother!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Question

OP- I take it you had to remove (disassemble/cut off) the front hand guard cap @ the FSB?

Feedback Score
    Nice job. Glad you have a very understanding CSM and Commander. Most CSMs would lose there minds.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast