I mounted the AFG on my LMT MRP yesterday. It looks well constructed. As I did some dry fire, I noticed I didn't care for the finger shelf, since it felt awkward based on my individual shooting style. I went to the range and put 8 mags down range. I noticed the top of my left social finger was getting a little irritated after about 4 mags. After putting on gloves, it was a non issue. I'll switch to the smooth insert tomorrow and head back to the range.

I did notice that without gloves, my hand would slowly slip down as I applied rearward pressure during shooting. After using a VFG for a few years, using the "thumb break" grip, I've become accustomed to using it as leverage to pull the weapon into my shoulder, so maybe an increased angle of the forward section of maybe another 5 to 8 degrees, would allow a little more leverage. Since a design change like this will ruin the aesthetics of the original design, maybe you could designate it as AFG Mod 2, and the original AFG Mod 1. Maybe a Mod 3 with even a greater angle of 10-12 degrees more, over the original design, in order to please the majority of the shooters. Maybe a modular front half, to allow the shooter to change the grip angle, similar to the MIAD, being modular and interchangeable, so you won't have to have a Mod 2 &3 (Just thinking out loud).

It will take me a few range sessions to adjust to a new hand position, but nothing that can't be overcome. I'll put another 8 mags down range without the "finger shelf", and report back tomorrow afternoon.