Page 89 of 408 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Last weekend. At gun store in Lakewood, WA
    Customer: You must love your job
    Guy behind counter: Just like a pedophile workin in a daycare. Wait, better, a pedophile that OWNS a daycare.

WTF. WTF. WTF.
    That is some of the most tasteless, retarded shit I've ever heard anyone say. What a moron.
    Last edited by MookNW; 05-20-10 at 00:44.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I lol'd

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Guy behind counter: Just like a pedophile workin in a daycare. Wait, better, a pedophile that OWNS a daycare.
    Actually, that's pretty funny. (I say it as someone who is REALLY tired of stupid questions from customers...retail is fun)
    Last edited by Avenger29; 05-20-10 at 02:06.
    I'm no expert, but I took my CCW course at a Holiday Inn Express

Feedback Score
    I used to work part time at a gun shop when I was a student. Folk from the Indian community here in South Africa are the best customers ever.

They all want a chrome handgun (it doesn’t matter what make as long as it’s chrome), to carry in their “Bad Boys” holster (an SOB holster), and every one of them has an uncle that has a (chrome, of course) 455 Super Bulldog Magnum that will stop an elephant dead in its tracks if you just point it at him. After telling you this they normally follow up with the question, “you all got a gun like that?”

I initially started off being incredibly helpful (to the great amusement of the other staff) but soon learnt that after you’ve dragged the contents of the whole shop out to show them they’ll just throw you parting comment like, “uh, I’ve got no money at the moment, but I’ll get back to you.”

After a while I just replied with, “no, sir, I’m afraid we’re all out of stock on those, but I can order you one if you’re serious about buying it,” and quoted them a ridiculous price.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not heard at a gunshop or show, but I had someone tell me "you know S&W has a Mexican division?"...Bangor Punta... And this Idiot was serious..
    Last edited by ralph; 05-20-10 at 06:03.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker View Post
    PN: We just don't want too many of these out there on the street.
    Who does this this guy mean by "We". Does he have a mouse in his pocket named Sarah?
    "Take the message to Garcia."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MookNW View Post

WTF. WTF. WTF.
    That is some of the most tasteless, retarded shit I've ever heard anyone say. What a moron.
    Come on... thats HISTERICAL! Too uptight man.

I don't go to gun stores as much as you guys... but I was in a store because my father was looking for his first firearm lol. As he is buying his new-to-him Russian SKS from the 50's I walk over to the AR display just to see if the prices have come down since I bought mine... Started talking to one of the sales people who told me amungs other things that 5.56mm is just the European designation for the american .223" beacause they use the metrick system in Europe... I told him that the case is slightly different in size to which he said "No" then I said the pressures are different and you should not shoot 5.56 ammo out of .223 chamber to which he said "no its the same thing so you're okay"

My GF asked me to stop because she hates when I get into arguments... lol So I stoped and walked back to the other counter where my dad was.

Mind you this was the same guy who would not let my GF hold a M&P9 because she did not have an NJ Firearms ID card. He would let me hold it, but would not her her touch it... when 3 other gun shops in NJ let her handle the weapon without even asking. Mind you one of the ones that let her handle the firearm which is also where we shoot at, and had about 3 uniformed police officers in the shop at the time who said nothing. So its not against the law to let her hold it as that tard said. Needless to say I bough the G19 that she will be using from the store that let her hold it. lol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Started talking to one of the sales people who told me amungs other things that 5.56mm is just the European designation for the american .223" beacause they use the metrick system in Europe... I told him that the case is slightly different in size to which he said "No" then I said the pressures are different and you should not shoot 5.56 ammo out of .223 chamber to which he said "no its the same thing so you're okay"
    Ummm, how is the case size different? I thought it was only the chamber and the pressure....

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MookNW View Post

WTF. WTF. WTF.

I agree with you 100%.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Not heard at a gunshop or show, but I had someone tell me "you know S&W has a Mexican division?"...Bangor Punta... And this Idiot was serious..
    http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=284973

Page 89 of 408 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast