Page 19 of 92 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Why My DPMS, Del-Ton, Oly Arms, Etc. Is Better Than Anything Else Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDooley View Post
    The problem is, I don't see a big enough price difference to not get the better rifle. Hell, the prices places charge around here for a stock carbine Bushmaster is more expensive than what I can find a 6920 online for.
    I live in Florida and will second that. Though that appears to be changing a little.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    jeepnut,

Your post is so wrong in so many ways. I have said this at least 100 times and many people don't seem to get it. The price difference is NOT A FACTOR. Your analogy of buying a BMW or Buick is totally crap. One reason is that there is a huge difference in price between the two.

When discussing the AR we are literally talking about a few hundred dollars at most between a good AR (Colt 6920, DD or BCM) and a marginal performer like BM or DPMS. In fact the biggest issue is that people in this day and age have no patience. They live in the age of I want an instant meal and I don't want to wait. Unless someone can legitimately articulate why they need to have RIGHT NOW it's all a bunch of crap.

As for your proof....all you have to do is read the posts from this site. We have seen it time and time again. Help, my xxxx won't extract. Help, my xxxx won't cycle, etc...etc....

Quote Originally Posted by jeepnut83 View Post
    I can see why some people will get butt hurt with this thread, and I know alot of you guys say the chart is end all and I believe it is information to help people make a more informed decision. but I am with alot of people that say why can't I have a rifle that works all the time without breaking the bank, lets face it sometimes you want a BMW but get a Buick instead, cause that is what you could afford and maybe you want a new colt but you can afford bushmaster. and I am not saying that any of the brands in this thread are the holy grail of Ar-15's. I would like to see video, or pictures, or something that shows hard proof that these are just craptastic pretty much put your money where your mouth is. lets get a plain-jane no thrills upper and just shoot the crap out of it! And then log it via you-tube, pictures, logs blah blah blah just my two cents.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepnut83 View Post
    I can see why some people will get butt hurt with this thread, and I know alot of you guys say the chart is end all and I believe it is information to help people make a more informed decision. but I am with alot of people that say why can't I have a rifle that works all the time without breaking the bank, lets face it sometimes you want a BMW but get a Buick instead, cause that is what you could afford and maybe you want a new colt but you can afford bushmaster. and I am not saying that any of the brands in this thread are the holy grail of Ar-15's. I would like to see video, or pictures, or something that shows hard proof that these are just craptastic pretty much put your money where your mouth is. lets get a plain-jane no thrills upper and just shoot the crap out of it! And then log it via you-tube, pictures, logs blah blah blah just my two cents.
    If you look around you can get a better gun for the same or even less money.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

what's with the shills

I swear people if they just would read objectively, any half intelligent person could understand the basic premise and concept of M4C. And what we are about!
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score

BCM vs. Bushy

Last time I checked Bushmaster prices around here and with the prices BCM's can be had for right now cost isn't even a factor.

The current BCM sale prices are excellent.

I put about 80 rounds down my BCM 16" middy over the weekend. Night and day difference between how that gun ran and an off the shelf Bushmaster. I'm sure the battle comp helped too but there was no unpleasant gas burning my eyes out with the BCM either.

If people could shoot the two back to back Bushmaster would go out of Business. Even with the compensator the price isn't that much different.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    jeepnut,

Your post is so wrong in so many ways. I have said this at least 100 times and many people don't seem to get it. The price difference is NOT A FACTOR. Your analogy of buying a BMW or Buick is totally crap. One reason is that there is a huge difference in price between the two.

When discussing the AR we are literally talking about a few hundred dollars at most between a good AR (Colt 6920, DD or BCM) and a marginal performer like BM or DPMS. In fact the biggest issue is that people in this day and age have no patience. They live in the age of I want an instant meal and I don't want to wait. Unless someone can legitimately articulate why they need to have RIGHT NOW it's all a bunch of crap.

As for your proof....all you have to do is read the posts from this site. We have seen it time and time again. Help, my xxxx won't extract. Help, my xxxx won't cycle, etc...etc....
    Maybe I am wrong, but something someone says is a small picture on the forums. and there are things even you don't know on the variables, as it's the internet and then you see people like nutnfancy on youtube that give hard evidence, and proof of brand X like a RRA or even the dreadful BM, and for some people all the local gun shop has is a DPMS or a BM, and I remember a just awhile ago you could not even get a black rifle and if you found one they were way over price. so as I said put your money where your mouth is! And yeah BMW does cost alot more than a Buick cause thoses are cars. but a DD M4 Carbine, v2 cost $1537.00, a Bushmaster MOE M4-Type Carbine cost $1295.00 a dpms AP4 Panther cost $949.00, a cmmg 16" M4 Carbine cost $1075.95. and yeah it's not all about cost but some people have a budget and want the most bang for the buck, maybe i'm wrong maybe you have a shot all these brands and ran them hard? I know I haven't and I know for my first AR-15 all i could afford was a DPMS lower with a model 1 sales upper and I had save every penny!(when I was 19) and you know what I shot the crap out of that gun and it worked! and as with everything there is a learning curve and I was lucky enough to have someone that was there to help me when My extractor failed, or when after I finally shot the barrel out taught me that it was time for a new BCG and told me what barrel, and explained in detail why it was important, I kept that rifle till just two years ago sold it for $700 to a friend, and it's still chugging along. maybe your luckier than some, and got the best rifle out there, good for you. as some other people have said and I agree it's pissing contest. I think people should help new AR-15 owners instead of dogging on there first black rifle, when my friend ask me whats the best rifle I can get for the money I tell them BCM if they are on a budget, I always tell them to buy a stripped lower and show them how it works and suggest what I know will work for their rifle and when they say "I don't want to spend that much on a stock!" I go okay you can always get a better stock later. I don't know what you do for your friends or people you introduce to shooting, but I would hope you would be a positive and helpful influence. in stead of saying you need top tier X period! SO why do people buy those brands cause some people don't want to break the bank for there first black rifle.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

LOL

NUTNFANCY, that guy is a joke IMO!

Here READ!

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ight=nutnfancy
    Last edited by jklaughrey; 11-09-10 at 17:39.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=jklaughrey;810069]NUTNFANCY, that guy is a joke IMO!

Here READ!

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ight=nutnfancy[/QUOTE
    think what you may. he does do one thing alot of people don't. he goes out and he shoots, and does more than just bench shooting. which I think is where you can find the faults of any rifle or gear is out in the field. which he does and I give him kiddos for that

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

You didn't read

He shoots yeah, 60-100 and then calls it good and reliable. Sometimes he reviews without even shooting the weapon. He is a low end gear mall ninja. 100 rounds does not make a qualified vetting of a weapon for duty type use.

Really read it will open your eyes. If not well your as useless as that windbag.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

You know what I really hate about this thread?

How people who've been on this forum for only a short time, and contribute very little, turn around and tell those that have been here from the beginning & have contributed immensely to the forum, how the forum should be conducted, how to act, and demand we answer every question, immediately, in the manner they want, and generally be treated as they feel they should, you know what .....F U! Don't like it leave!

Don't like the answers your receiving, quit asking the questions. Demanding video proof! really, your gonna ask for that? We got video of JFK getting shot, and we can't figure out who did it.

I've seen enough BM shit the bed, trying to get zeroed, that I know they are crap. I've talked to armorers, instructors and other SME, who've all reported the same, that's proof enough for me.

Interestingly enough, video of an individual example of one gun from one manufacture, is proof enough for you that it's "just as good as", but multiple first hand accounts of those same manufactures not running, is not good enough to prove they are crap?

I challenge you to show me, where any of the recognized subject matter experts, has declared every single gun that has rolled off any manufactures line, will never run or be reliable. Nor, have they declared the manufactures like Colt, BCM, and DD, have never let a bad gun out the door.
    Whats been said, over and over again, is that there are certain manufacturing and assembly processes, parts quality, materials, etc etc, that are more likely to produce a quality, reliable, durable weapon.
    That the odds of getting a reliable gun from certain manufactures is much much greater, then it is with others.
    There's probably more BM/DPMS/Oly/etc that run then that don't, same with Colt.
    I bet there's more of them that don't run, then that don't run from Colt, though.

"my xxxxx has been great and I run it hard" well, gimme a definition of that, and show me video proof! That sword cuts both ways, bud.

Don't like it here? I'm sure there's any number of boards that will hold your hand, coddle you, and tell you how great you are, go find it, and knock yourself out.

Bob
    " Some people say..any tactic that works is a good tactic,...I say, anything can work once" former ABQ swat Sgt.

Page 19 of 92 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast