View Poll Results: What Lube do you use?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Break Free/CLP

78 36.28%
  • Slip 2000

55 25.58%
  • Rem Oil

8 3.72%
  • Formula 3

0 0%
  • Other

74 34.42%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: What Lube do you use

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I don't have an issue with reviving a necropost. It's much better than 30 new lube threads every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Bert View Post
    So God help someone on here is they respond to an old thread or if they start a new one. So essentially if that topic has been discussed before, don't ask questions relating to it or worse, start a new thread on that subject. This forum will quickly die is that is the process here. I do not think that is the way M4 Carbine, LLC intends for it to be.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Pfffft who needs oil or anything, when you have a BCM bcg itll run no matter what haha.

I have been using Hoppes 9, now mainly Winchester CLP, and last couple times the 1oz RemOil I keep in my stock. I need to resupply at Walmart. I want to try Slip EWL...my cheap ass buddy decided no to keep on his word and kept both bottles he got at a discount at the last gunshow to himself.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04rwon View Post
    I have been using Hoppes 9, now mainly Winchester CLP, and last couple times the 1oz RemOil
    Man...I don't know how you do it. To me, that would be like eating only at Mcdonalds for a week straight. I wouldn't and couldn't do it

Feedback Score
    Rem Oil, Break Free or some army issued CLP. I dont really have a preference..I forgot to bring lube to the range a few times. I ran 300 rds through my rifle on both occasions and never had any problems. Im not saying that i dont need lube but the gun ran well without it..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aflin View Post
    Man...I don't know how you do it. To me, that would be like eating only at Mcdonalds for a week straight. I wouldn't and couldn't do it
    It works so far bout 700 rds through the AR and I dunno how much through all the other stuff. The RemOil was supposed to stay in the stock for shtf purposes but since I ran out of my main stuff and keep forgetting to get more I have had no choice. Once I place my big order with BCM Ill be adding slip 2000 in there, prefer EWL but I might just settly for something else cheaper from them. Thatll refil my little bottle.

Feedback Score
    Still got a big bottle of oil a buddy uses in the airforce to maintain the vulcan cannons on the F16's. Think it's a CLP solution of somekind.

Have used TW25, using boretech eliminator for cleaning and brunox for lubrication.

Have stopped using anything with teflon in it....found teflon and powderresidu/carbon have a special connection with anything metal in my AR.... (or AUG, or AK's for that matter)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I don't have an issue with reviving a necropost. It's much better than 30 new lube threads every week.
    I agree IG - But it seems as though every time someone replies to an old thread, they get their arse chewed out every day from Sunday. It gives the feeling that you just can't do anything right on this forum. Not me per se cause I don't care, but I am sure many people feel that way.

That is why I said what I said. And thanks for the support ont hat by the way.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I've been using Break Free CLP for quite some time. It works OK but not great.

Now, that I'm running out of CLP I was looking into picking up some Ballistol to try out. It seems cheaper than CLP and I've heard some good things about it.

So have any of you guys tried out Ballistol.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone had experience with dry lubes? specifically the kind that starts of wet and then when dry leaves a film of lubrication over the parts? i was gonna experiment with putting some on/over my trigger assembly.

Feedback Score
    IIRC, Sentry Sol'ns sells dry lube which goes on wet (?) and leaves moly in the trigger. I looked into that, then found what seemed to be solid info about simply using lighter fluid, and that's what I've been using on triggers ever since.

Before I heard about WS, I used Prolix. I like non-toxic and good smelling stuff, especially when it's too cold to work comfortably in the garage. I also did the Mad Dog XF-7 application, but I'm not into stripping metal down to apply stuff, so I save that for stuff like the BCG only, and I just apply over the CLP. As you can figure, I don't like M-Pro-7 or Simple Green or whatever that strips out good lubricant already in there. So I like how WS permeates under whatever else is there, and makes cleaning easy, and protects when it's done. As long as you don't overdo it, I don't see a problem with it migrating...just keep it outta your optics!

If I ran full auto, I would look hard at Machine Gunners Lube.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast