Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The FN FS2000: A Complete Review *several updates*

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Couple updates:

-sold the HK sights, they zeroed up just fine, but the sight offset at close range was a little too much for my liking. As of now I am perfectly happy with the low-ring mounted optic / iron sight cowitness.

-CDNN is selling FS2000s (in both configurations) for $1199 (mil/LEO discount) and $1499 for everybody else. If you've been considering the gun, now might be the time to pull the trigger.
    Last edited by lloydkristmas; 12-01-10 at 17:49.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    That is a smoking deal. I might get another at that price.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    To the OP lloyd,
    I used a 1/2 riser that is 1.25" long from Yankee Hill (it's only $15)and put my Micro Aimpoint on this with it's factory mount and is built solid as a rock. It gives lower 1/3 co witness with the stock FN sights, so for your HK setup it would be real close to absolute co-witness if you are looking for that.
    This is the perfect cheek weld on this gun currently for me. I had a EoTech 516 on it which has the 7mm "rise" built into it and the thing sat real high, and I felt like I was getting a tad more of a "chin" weld. This is the most economical and good looking scope mount for the red dots like the Micro or putting the ring mount from the M2-M3 series like yours. I like the setup -looks nice

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Interesting, I may have to look into that.

I sold the HK sights, but I'd still prefer the 1/3 cowitness rather than the absolute cowitness that I currently have.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Took a few more pictures and included some info about an ergonomic modification that I forgot to include in the original review. "Decal Grips" brand of, well, decal grips. They make a nice addition to the otherwise slick/smooth front handguard of the FS. These decal grips were originally intended for a Glock 17, but I noticed they had the right curvature to look correct on the FS handguard. The factory grip is shapely, but could use some extra 'grab'. Grips are offered in a sandpaper-like texture or a rubberized texture. I opted for the latter. Cost: $8

FS2000 with factory handguard, with Surefire G2 installed. You can see the decal grips.

Closer look at the decal grips

FS2000 along side an AR for size comparison. With the stock extended to a semi-comfortable level, the AR is substantially longer than the bullpup.

FS2000 equipped with the FN brand tri-rail. Added weight appx 2lbs. Added width appx. .75inch total

Factory handguard side by side with tri-rail for width comparison

Gratuitous gun/girl pic

Last edited by lloydkristmas; 12-04-10 at 12:00.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Magpul MBUS make a drastic improvement to the poor factory iron sights. Front sight flipped around for added sight radius. Every little bit helps with this short rail...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Did you have any issues mounting the MBUS? I've read they can be difficult to slide past the sling loop plate at the front of the rail.

If they're not too much trouble to install, I'll have to look at the MBUS for my FS2000. I had some MI sights on it, but the threads in the FSB failed after about 50 rounds and the detent spring launched the post and detent down range. Cheap MI garbage...Should have known better.

The EoTech by itself is good enough for now, but I'd like to get another set of backup sights on it down the line.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Did you have any issues mounting the MBUS? I've read they can be difficult to slide past the sling loop plate at the front of the rail.

If they're not too much trouble to install, I'll have to look at the MBUS for my FS2000. I had some MI sights on it, but the threads in the FSB failed after about 50 rounds and the detent spring launched the post and detent down range. Cheap MI garbage...Should have known better.

The EoTech by itself is good enough for now, but I'd like to get another set of backup sights on it down the line.

There are a couple different options.

One, you can just push/wiggle them on just right and they will slide past the front sling loop. This requires some pressure on the sight, and you may not want that.

Two, and this is what I did, is to simply loosen the front screw that affixes the rail to the upper receiver and lift it up just slightly with something like a flathead screwdriver, then slide the sights on. It shouldnt make much difference, if any, but you may want to re-confirm zero for your EOTech after this.

For the price, they seem pretty good, though the large peep combined with the very short sight radius makes for a somewhat inconsistent sighting system, so I usually leave it on the smaller peep. Theyre backups anyway, the red dot is the primary sight setup.

Feedback Score
    Any more updates?

This seems to be one of the better threads on the net concerning this gun. I wish someone would shot it with a suppressor and let me know how it works in that regard.
    Last edited by dpaqu; 11-13-11 at 13:47. Reason: Never mind I guess you sold it

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydkristmas View Post
    Magpul MBUS make a drastic improvement to the poor factory iron sights. Front sight flipped around for added sight radius. Every little bit helps with this short rail...

Did you have to mount the front MBUS backward? Would it not fit on the rail otherwise? Doesn't it have quite a bit of overhang when it's folded down? I would worry this would get caught on something.
    Next time you hear the word "FREE", try replacing it with "TAXPAYER-FUNDED".

"War is a terrible thing, but there are things much worse than war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free unless made and kept by the operation and sacrifice of better men than himself." -Col. Bruce E. Wallace

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast