Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul AFG Added More Pics/Info

Feedback Score
    Something I brought up in the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Does the AFG require that your arm be fully extended? I have fairly long arms, and if this is going on a carbine or shorter rifle then it would be next to impossible to have full arm extension. This makes me wonder if you have enough grip on the weapon for the AFG to serve as a reference and your support hand thumb would 'clamp' down on the 3 o' clock or 9 o' clock rail (for a lefty or righty, respectively), and if doing so would defeat the purpose of the grip.
    Thoughts?

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike91A View Post
    Why doesn't Magpul just concentrate on producing what they already have so customers don't have to wait a year or two to get something. Seems they make an initial production run of an item and you don't see it again for a vaaaaary long time. But then here comes a slew of new stuff that will sell out in two days and again disapper to come back God knows when.
    You do realize that Magpul themselves are a design group and actually manufacturers next to nothing and farms everything out right?

Whelp I was wrong about that, disregard.
    Last edited by decodeddiesel; 12-02-09 at 15:27.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike91A View Post
    Why doesn't Magpul just concentrate on producing what they already have so customers don't have to wait a year or two to get something. Seems they make an initial production run of an item and you don't see it again for a vaaaaary long time. But then here comes a slew of new stuff that will sell out in two days and again disapper to come back God knows when.
    To my knowledge Magpul is pretty much caught up and delivering everything they make.

Companies cannot rest on their past successes to propel them into the future. The AR market is a fickle one and you have to innovate to capture the consumers interest.

This is what Magpul does best.

C4

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    This is one of the only magpul products I am not sure about. It isn't a bad product I am just not sure if it will fit my shooting style. That being said, I still intend to try one out and see how it works for me.

Hmmm Wait. What is up with that CTR stock on that gun. It that a new cam scheme or a custom job?
    Last edited by kwelz; 12-02-09 at 11:02.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    To my knowledge Magpul is pretty much caught up and delivering everything they make.

Companies cannot rest on their past successes to propel them into the future. The AR market is a fickle one and you have to innovate to capture the consumers interest
    This. Other than the BAD Lever and a couple unreleased products, you can pretty easily get anything we make.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    This. Other than the BAD Lever and a couple unreleased products, you can pretty easily get anything we make.
    Did I get something right for once?

C4

Feedback Score
    Nick, would any of y'all be able to answer my prior question about the AFG? (Whether or not the arm must be fully extended for said 'biometric benefits'...)

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    Other than the BAD Lever and a couple unreleased products, you can pretty easily get anything we make.
    Since you mentioned it, is there any ETA on additional BAD product?
    I've got a pair of AR's that keep asking me.
    "Keep your teeth sharp Wolverines."
    - Whiskey2

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    This grip looks promising. I can't wait to try it out.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sweet, I think I'll give one of these a go.
    I like girl scout cookies.

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast