Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen4 Glock 19 Range Report Thread:Please Place All Gen4 G19 Reports Here

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Sorry!

-Drew

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    I picked up my gen4-19 on Thursday and despite consecutive 16 hour days at my 'real' job, I've managed to put 500 rounds through it without cleaning, or any failures. I have to admit that with the problems I heard some people were having with there 17's I was a little nervous. So far though this had acted like every other 19 I've ever owned, solid. I don't anticipate any problems passing the 2000 round challenge this Sunday, but I'm not going to get too worked up until that last round is fired.

The gen4-19 is my new favorite Glock, and perhaps my favorite 9mm period, (Don't tell my P7's I said so though).

I've done all my shooting so far with no backstrap installed. The frame is 2mm shorter then the gen3 guns, and it is a noticeable and nice difference. I am not a fan of the way Glock chose to implement their backstrap system, asnd for me personally the M&P design kicks the crap out of Glocks, for most people however I don't see this being a concern just because the gun really shines in it's SF configuration. I'm curious to see if crimson trace makes a grip for this gun though I have the feeling their current front activated laser would work fine on the Gen4-19. The front strap of the grip has also been improved somewhat, I don't have an unmodded 19 to compare to but it seems as if the finger grooves are somewhat wider, also I think there is more room under the trigger guard, which makes for a higher grip. I'll do some measurements on Sunday when my buddies' have their gen3 guns out. I'll still probably end up undercutting the trigger guard and removing the finger grooves, but I think it's an improvement.

I think the new mag release is awesome sauce. Me and my club thumbs (look it up, people actually have club thumbs) can't say enough nice things about it. There still needs to be a Vickers model seeing as the standard is a smidge too short, but placement and general design is a HUGE improvement.

The dual recoil setup makes this the easiest Glock to shoot fast I've ever played with. I'll throw it on a timer this coming Sunday, but I felt my splits were signifigantly faster while maintaining tighter groups than with the gen3-19c I've been shooting the most lately. My groups in general seemed slighrtly smaller as well, with many of my paired shots landing within an inch or so of one another. I'm guessing this has something to do with a tighter lockup though I'm not sure quite yet.

As many other have mentioned the stock trigger feels a bit heavier now, I dropped in a 3.5 pound connector before running any rounds through it though and was very happy with the trigger, it was heavier than a gen3 with a 3.5 installed, but honestly that was a positive for me.

500 total rounds so far. Some buddies are coming out on Sunday to help me beat this thing to death, or at least try to. I'll have pics, as well as some accuracy and timed results then.

If you're on the fence about this gun don't be. I think Glock has worked the kinks out, and this thing is really a blast to shoot.

Great write up! I agree with everything you said about the new Gen4 19. Just last night I cleaned mine after my 200 round range trip and dropped in a Scherer 3.5 connector. It is a nice clean break with out so much pressure needed like in the stock config. I have only dry fired it with this set up. I will report back hopefully next Friday with my actual impressions of that connector in there while shooting live.

Take care!

-Drew
    Last edited by Drew78; 07-10-10 at 09:02. Reason: i'm stoopid...

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I thought I read somewhere that the gen 4 guns are a little slimmer. Is that the case?
    Last edited by mkmckinley; 07-10-10 at 10:13.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that the gen 4 guns are a little slimmer. Is that noticeable true on your G19?
    The frames are shorter from finger groove to back strap, they are not slimmer from side to side.

Great to hear the G19 Gen4's are doing great. I was kinda waiting for a bunch of folks t jump on these like the 17's, and then for it to blow up on the interweb machines. Everything I have read sounds good so far.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Question

I'm sure it's still too soon, but...

Anyone know if the Gen4 G19 utilizes the new recoil spring that is rumored to replace the initial Gen4 G17 springs that had issues with the weaker range fodder?
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I'm sure it's still too soon, but...

Anyone know if the Gen4 G19 utilizes the new recoil spring that is rumored to replace the initial Gen4 G17 springs that had issues with the weaker range fodder?
    It's still a dual-spring system like the Gen4 G17/22 setup but Drew said it is marked with a 3.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    It's still a dual-spring system like the Gen4 G17/22 setup but Drew said it is marked with a 3.

I gotta ask this because I'm confused...
    The g4 17 originally came with the "2" recoil spring or is the "2" spring what owners were putting in to solve problems?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango374 View Post
    I gotta ask this because I'm confused...
    The g4 17 originally came with the "2" recoil spring or is the "2" spring what owners were putting in to solve problems?
    The "2" is what the Gen4 G17 owners started using to solved the issues with originial spring.

Now we see a "3" spring coming in the G19. Personally I'd like to see what spring comes in the Gen4 G23 and run that one in the new G19. I'll bet that puppy shoots flat as hell.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Gen 3 v gen 4 w/ a timer

Has anybody shot any drills gen 3 v gen 4 side by side with a timer to validate the view that the gen 4 guns are faster and easier to shoot?

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dojpros View Post
    Has anybody shot any drills gen 3 v gen 4 side by side with a timer to validate the view that the gen 4 guns are faster and easier to shoot?

Thanks in advance
    Bro, I merged your thread because Sparks said he's going to run them both on a timer this weekend.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast