Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the new Aimpoint Patrol Rifle Optic (PRO)?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaytusmc View Post
    I've never had or shot with an aimpoint before though. The 2moa alone sounds like it wouldn't stand out too well in a high-speed, high-stress situation, to me. I realize the eotech is a 1moa, but it has the 65moa ring to draw your eye... I realize any answers will strictly be opinion, but how do you guys feel about the 2moa dot? Am I wrong to assume what I have?
    Can anyone ever see Aimpoint incorporating an EOTech-style reticle into their sights? I'm of the opinion that EOTech's reticle is the only thing keeping it in the same discussion as the Aimpoint models, even if it is bringing up the rear. Still, it's enough for me to be on the fence about switching from an EOTech to an Aimpoint. I think if they were to adopt an EOTech-style reticle they would not only clean house, but put the competition to rest once and for all. Or even better, make EOTech step up their game considerably.

J
    WTB:
    SA M-7 Classic blonde stock sets
    Bulgy ((10))/((E)) steel mags
    Bulgy T3 takeoff stock sets
    30-caliber magazine clips?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaytusmc View Post
    I've never had or shot with an aimpoint before though. The 2moa alone sounds like it wouldn't stand out too well in a high-speed, high-stress situation, to me. I realize the eotech is a 1moa, but it has the 65moa ring to draw your eye... I realize any answers will strictly be opinion, but how do you guys feel about the 2moa dot? Am I wrong to assume what I have?
    I havent had an issue using a 2MOA Aimpoints. If you find the dot too small, you can always increase the brightness and "flare" the dot making it larger and easier to see.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Just verified that these are an absolute co-witness.

C4
    Thanks for checking!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    From what i'm reading on these,they are the same as the M2,except the pro has more battery life,comes with the mount and has the 2 moa dot?If so,then people need to start lowering the prices that they are wanting for thier used M2's.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter123 View Post
    From what i'm reading on these,they are the same as the M2,except the pro has more battery life,comes with the mount and has the 2 moa dot?If so,then people need to start lowering the prices that they are wanting for thier used M2's.
    This is what I am wating for. I would LOVE to see M2's with LT-150's go for 350. I thought there was going to be a big rush on ACOG's when the green reticule came out, but there wasn't a giant drop in those either.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    I havent had an issue using a 2MOA Aimpoints. If you find the dot too small, you can always increase the brightness and "flare" the dot making it larger and easier to see.
    Same here.

I was skeptical of the 2 MOA until I tried them, and now I really like them. With my astigmatism I find they bloom less because they start smaller.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    What is it about the included mount that everyone finds to be lacking?
    Last edited by SteveL; 02-11-11 at 13:46.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    What is it about the included mount that everyone finds to be lacking?
    Could be the size or weight of it.

They are a good mount, just not known real well.

C4

Feedback Score
    Sorry newbie here.... But do we know when this is going on sale?

I need an optic and have pretty much made up my mind on this new AimPoint setup.

Feedback Score
    Sorry guys, I should have looked before I asked... I just found it at skdtac.com and botachtactical.com.

Looks like botachtactical is cheaper with free 2 day shipping.

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast