Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Going crazy with first SBR build questions-10.5/11.5/12.5?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    Yeah I will be working SHOT again this year so Ill be there all 4 days. I love SHOT and can't wait until January. I will definitely look and explore some of my options then.
    Look for me in Bill Wiseman's booth then, say hi!

http://wisemanballistics.com/
    Last edited by 308sako; 11-29-12 at 23:35.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    pm sent
    Last edited by Koshinn; 11-29-12 at 23:40.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Fundi has a lot of those notes dead on.

Any of the good CHF barrels from the brands you're already looking at (BCM BFH, Centurion, DD, Noveske, even FN [depending on gas port - sourcing]) is going to get you pretty good accuracy.

My BCM Lower is the only non-FFL (Noveske Gen2) lower I'm keeping. If you find yourself wanting to spare no expense on the lower, look at the Noveske or KAC lowers, but the BCM is fine.

A2 FH is also right on - until you've got a can on order, it's an $8 part that is still one of the most effective if you're not trying to run a brake (which is a love/hate proposition on SBR's anyway).

You're not alone in wanting a lot of those specs (see: http://www.rogtac.com/upper-parts/co...gpr-nsr11.html)
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    if you're not trying to run a brake (which is a love/hate proposition on SBR's anyway).
    What's not to like about an SBR with a BRAKE???

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I went round and round trying to decide how I wanted to do an SBR build and I did a ton of reading threads just like this one. In the end I took the easy way out and opted for a complete factory SBR. I opted for the Noveske 10.5" with Switchblock. The only changes I made were to switch to a UBR stock and a SSA trigger. Other than that all is factory and I haven't had a hiccup with it in over a 1000 round of various types of ammo. I've ran it about 60/40 suppressed/unsuppressed. All can say is that I love it and have no regrets going with a complete factory built SBR. Here's a pic of it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That's a handsome weapon of Master Struction.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I went round and round trying to decide how I wanted to do an SBR build and I did a ton of reading threads just like this one. In the end I took the easy way out and opted for a complete factory SBR. I opted for the Noveske 10.5" with Switchblock. The only changes I made were to switch to a UBR stock and a SSA trigger. Other than that all is factory and I haven't had a hiccup with it in over a 1000 round of various types of ammo. I've ran it about 60/40 suppressed/unsuppressed. All can say is that I love it and have no regrets going with a complete factory built SBR. Here's a pic of it.

wow thats pretty hot....I got a little weak in the knees at that pic LOL!
    SS

"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." -Daniel Boone

"You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 308sako View Post
    Look for me in Bill Wiseman's booth then, say hi!

http://wisemanballistics.com/
    I definitely will, if I don't see you out at Desert Sportsman before then!
    SS

"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." -Daniel Boone

"You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    What's not to like about an SBR with a BRAKE???

Doubles as Survival fire starter

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shattuck View Post
    Doubles as Survival fire starter
    If you don't hit the bad guy with the bullet, you can at least flashbang them.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast