Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: discreet carry courier bag options?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

discreet carry courier bag options?

I'm looking for a good courier type bag for discreet carry. IWB isn't ideal for my office, so I'm looking for an alternative for the walk to and from the office. A courier bag of some type should fit the bill. Any recommendations for a high quality, practical bag that will provide a secure / discreet, but also accessible carry option?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It doesn't get much more discreet than this in a casual business environment:

http://www.boytharness.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=591

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    I'm looking for a good courier type bag for discreet carry. IWB isn't ideal for my office, so I'm looking for an alternative for the walk to and from the office. A courier bag of some type should fit the bill. Any recommendations for a high quality, practical bag that will provide a secure / discreet, but also accessible carry option?

Really anything that's purpose made for carry will probably be made of nylon and be covered in MOLLE/PALS. You're more than likely going to have to press something else into service, you may have to get creative and stich some Velcro on an inner panel to attach a holster of some sort. Get something that everyone else in your office uses and stick one of those bright luggage tags on it so someone doesn't accidentaly pick yours up. However I'd advise against off body carry and maybe look into a different deep concealment method or hideout gun or both.

FWIW, I'm just a regular dude & I don't carry at work JMHO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/...gory-messenger

The North Face outlet near my house had the Base Camp Small, which is still pretty big. It was on sale for $50. They are a good deal on a messenger bag made from really durable material. It's similar to the heavy duty PVC coated Nylon.

Don't buy a "discrete bag" from a tactical company if you want be low pro.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I may need to check REI for the North Face bag. Ideally, I would like a purpose built bag, designed for quick access and with a means to securely hold my pistol in place. Fortunately, I have a means to lock up the pistol & bag while in the office, so it won't be accessible by just anyone who strolls by my desk.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    I may need to check REI for the North Face bag. Ideally, I would like a purpose built bag, designed for quick access and with a means to securely hold my pistol in place. Fortunately, I have a means to lock up the pistol & bag while in the office, so it won't be accessible by just anyone who strolls by my desk.
    If you're going to lock it away in a desk drawer have you considered one of those "day planner" look-alike gun cases?

For messenger bags, I like Timbuk2, I use one of their totes as a discreet range bag for my pistol. On top of being high quality bags they're mostly USA made. I picked mine up at REI on clearance.
    Last edited by Sry0fcr; 12-14-10 at 09:33.

Within the Miasma of the corruption of Chicago.
    Feedback Score
    I think the Blue Force Gear DAP Accessories should allow you to convert just about any regular bag to your needs.

http://www.blueforcegear.com/product...rt-Insert.html

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    If you're going to lock it away in a desk drawer have you considered one of those "day planner" look-alike gun cases.
    Not really, I need a bag to serve double duty for also carrying files, etc.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    These Maxpedition bags may be of interest to you: http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...?idCategory=13

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I looked at Maxpedition last night. They would work well, but are a little too tactical in appearance. I need to look at Eagle also, but their site was down for maintenance last night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast