Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Things gun guys say about ARs that make you cringe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Usually followed with "The 5.56 will go through three houses and kill your neighbors' 17 year old daughter in the next county!"
    And yet there are articles about the report of one in the house. It will make you deaf.
    Or. The muzzle flash
    Or. The percussion of the round
    Or. How you should have this attachment or that attachment to reduce it.
    Armchair generals after the fact can quote any and all they want too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwsoldatone View Post
    My thought:
    Never ever forget. Your equipment was purchased by the lowest bidder.
    And
    Just because you paid thousands. Dont make it the best.
    You “hope” it is because of the price. Go watch a highpoint video of some yewtub ranger trying to destroy one.
    And it still works after what they did to it!

I can proudly state that when I worked in law enforcement my main contribution to society was to get the agency's purchasing agent to write the request for bid for AR15's in such a way that Colt was almost certain to get it. Colt got the order and I knew that the officers had the best carbines available that they could trust their lives to.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I can proudly state that when I worked in law enforcement my main contribution to society was to get the agency's purchasing agent to write the request for bid for AR15's in such a way that Colt was almost certain to get it. Colt got the order and I knew that the officers had the best carbines available that they could trust their lives to.
    I agree. Give them the best. I support the blue. Have family members that are LEO\EMT.myself iam just an ole Soldier.
    I see posts about poking fun at milspec. And then LE is better? Not sure if there is a major dif, but i can say i like either. And both iam sure are tough.
    I have colts. I have bushys. I have spikes. Dpms too ruger as well. They all go bang and i trust them enough.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayoublaster View Post
    Exactly.

I also just overheard this one at the counter:

(Employee explaining the gas block on a rifle to customer #1. Employee is pointing at said gas block.)
    (Customer #2 walks up without paying attentions and butts in.)
    Customer #2 - "Is that the bump stock?"
    I'd ask you where this went down at so I could avoid said establishment, but truth be told, I can barely stand going into a gun shop of any kind these days; Mostly because of any number of the things being described in this thread. I don't need to explain myself to some newly retired 67 year old dude why I'm looking for 77 gr. ammo for my AR's or overhearing the same old song and dance about which brand they think is just as good because they are cheaper and look/function just as the same. Not to mention the 10% sales tax here in the greater Baton Rouge area, so no thanks. The only reason I go to any retail store is to see something I might be interested in first hand. Other than that, internet shopping is cheaper, easier and less painful.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    And yet there are articles about the report of one in the house. It will make you deaf.
    Or. The muzzle flash
    Or. The percussion of the round
    Or. How you should have this attachment or that attachment to reduce it.
    Armchair generals after the fact can quote any and all they want too.

Huh? I shot a glock 19 inside a house without ear pro and I can tell there's significant changes to hearing in my left ear. My dentist wears hearing aids now. Can't tell if it's from screaming patients or shooting but I bet it's shooting.

Feedback Score
    I had a round of .223 WSSM set off six inches from my face in a trailer. I had first degree burns on my face and lost hearing in my left ear for approximately five days. Over time I regained a portion of my hearing but everything sounds “under water” and there is a consistent presence of tinnitus.

I am very particular about ear protection and my home defense rifle wears a suppressor.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    THis was posted on Glock Talk less than two hours ago in an "AK or AR for home defense" thread, so it is my entry:

"Never an ar for home defense. An ak is only good if you live in sand. Shotgun only. Now out of an ak or ar for war ak all the way. Never have to clean it and it will fire thousands of rounds an ar will jam when dirty."

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    "our military (US) would be using the AK but because of manufacturing cost, we chose to go with the m16"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My thought:
    Never ever forget. Your equipment was purchased by the lowest bidder.
    And
    Just because you paid thousands. Dont make it the best.
    You “hope” it is because of the price. Go watch a highpoint video of some yewtub ranger trying to destroy one.
    And it still works after what they did to it!

If it was lowest bidder only then why is my sidearm an HK?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fmjoe View Post
    If it was lowest bidder only then why is my sidearm an HK?
    You got lucky?

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast