Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Troy Delta Battle Rail shipping - Any feedback?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    I agree, A1 style hand guards for the win.
    On that note, I actually think that the PRI Gen III Delta free float hanguards are pretty sweet. If I wasn't keeping my fsb, that would be a serious contender. It has a triangular profile.

But what is it exactly that offends about "tubes" ? And is this in reference to any handguard that isn't a quad rail?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom frost View Post
    On that note, I actually think that the PRI Gen III Delta free float hanguards are pretty sweet. If I wasn't keeping my fsb, that would be a serious contender. It has a triangular profile.

But what is it exactly that offends about "tubes" ? And is this in reference to any handguard that isn't a quad rail?
    I really like my Rainier Evolution and MI Gen 2 SS free float tube. I was just jumping on MarkM's bandwagon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    I really like my Rainier Evolution and MI Gen 2 SS free float tube. I was just jumping on MarkM's bandwagon.
    LOL

I see.
    Last edited by tom frost; 04-28-13 at 15:44.

Feedback Score
    Hi. In a nutshell, I'm wondering if you had it to do over again, would you choose the Troy Delta again.
    all things considered, yeah I would. honestly, my choice was between this rail and the Centurion cut-out rail. i went with the delta because (a) it was cheaper, (b) i didn't need the extra rail space, and (c) i didn't have to cut off the delta-ring and spring
    Has the mount been solid and reliable?
    yes, as far as i can tell, its the same mounting system as the alpha. after i installed it, i was twisting and torquing on it and i thought it was moving, but it was actually slack in the upper/lower mating, so this thing is GTG. if you like and trust the alpha line of rails, you can trust the delta
    And if so, does that include sling use (I mean, is the mount solid enough to allow tension to be applied to an attached sling without compromising the hand guard's stability).
    i don't know for certain, but there is a QD sling mount on the front 1/3 of the rail, so i would assume so. if i can ever remember to throw a QD sling attachment in my cart when i order parts, i'll let you know for certain. but i have faith it will.
    ETA: Also, did you see any notable improvements in accuracy?
    over a non-FF rail, yes. i had the Magpul MOE handguards on there before and with the troy rail, my groups tightened up. now, i am by no means a great shot, so take this with a grain of salt. but i was able to hit a 6" steel circle at 421 yards in 30 shots with irons (much the chagrin of my buddy who bet me i couldn't) but that could've been more "blind luck" than me or the FF rail.

here's my summary of the delta rail. if you don't want to (or can't) cut your fsp/delta-ring or install a low-pro, this rail is GTG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Do you know by any chance how much it weights?
    no idea, but i would guess its close to the alpha or bravo weights. if i had to guess i would say ~13-14oz

Feedback Score

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much for taking the time, I appreciate it !!!!

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Do you know by any chance how much it weights?
    I sent an email asking this very question to Troy. Received an answer this morning. The Delta Battlerail weighs 10.91 ounces.

Feedback Score
    Could someone tell me which has a stronger mounting system, the Troy Delta BattleRail or the Daniel Defense Omega Rail?

Thanks.

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got the Troy/VTAC Delta Rail in FDE on my LE6920, already have a Troy Defense Carbine that comes with the Alpha rail so I wanted something different... Post a pict when I get home.

http://troyind.com/%20/partners/viki...a-rail-carbine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mamma View Post
    Could someone tell me which has a stronger mounting system, the Troy Delta BattleRail or the Daniel Defense Omega Rail?

Thanks.

Joe Mamma
    I haven't owned the Troy Delta but looking at the way it mounts it sure looks alot stronger than the Omega Rail. I have owned a Daniel Defense Omega Rail. I had an Omega on one of my BCM BFH 16" mid-length carbines. The Omega Rail has four small hex head screws which free float the rail once you tighten them down. I used loctite on them as the instructions say but a few weeks after installing the rail it came loose while running it hard. I applied more loctite and tightened the screws again but it came loose again running it hard and i took it off.

I recently bought another BCM BFH 16" and wanted to put a Troy Delta on it but they were out of stock so i'll use a MOE hand guard for now. If the Troy isn't available soon then i'll buy a Centurion C4.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast