Page 11 of 182 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2015 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    Save for particular custom needs like side charging or left ejection I don't see the appeal of traditional separate rails and uppers. Full disclosure... i'm invested in the MRP/MWS platforms and my next upper will probably be a newer LMT rail optional mid or rifle length monolithic.

Feedback Score
    Just seeing this.Is this rail available yet.Don't see any mention on the Geissele web site.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It should be available any day initially through Geissele Directly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    It should be available any day initially through Geissele Directly.

That looks great.

I did call them today.Not sure who I talked to but was told to call back in 4-6 weeks to see when it would be available.

Feedback Score
    Absolutely stunning.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Ouch Rudy...my bad on the availability date. Something must have changed from last week. I think for those who wait on these rails, it will be worth it in the end.

forFREEDOM...thanks brother, as you already knew these GA rails are pretty easy on the eyes

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really like Geissele and I will be buying this rail when its released.

That being said it has been frustrating with their communication on a timeline.

When the rail was revealed at shot show in january the timeline given was availability within two months. Some time around march the timeline became 4-6 weeks. It seems that every time someone has inquired them since then the answer is always 4-6 weeks. I'm starting to think 4-6 weeks is not based on any actual numbers but has just become their standard answer for not ready yet.

I understand that random contract requests come up and when they do that does and obviously should take precedence. I hope that is the issue.

I just wish the communication could be a little better. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they were released next week or 6 months from now.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    One thing to bear in mind with GA is that they just recently expanded their entire operation. By doing this they have brought in completely new machines, and opened several new shops to include dedicated shops for assembly and QA, heat treat and finishing processes, and lastly CNC Manufacturing.

I think this stuff unfortunately is par for the course for a rapidly expanding operation that holds their standards to the highest levels...i.e. won't release stuff til it's ready for prime time. All this said isn't to suggest I don't have sympathy for those who are waiting on something that gets delayed.

pics from GA's facebook page...

Last edited by ALCOAR; 06-27-12 at 23:59.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Ouch Rudy...my bad on the availability date. Something must have changed from last week. I think for those who wait on these rails, it will be worth it in the end.

forFREEDOM...thanks brother, as you already knew these GA rails are pretty easy on the eyes
    You know what they say.Good things come to those that wait.

What length is the rail and barrel in your pic?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    With the price point on these rails being where they most likely will end up at, I'd imagine any future buyers of them don't wanna see any fast evolving generational tomfoolery...whereas weeks after you shell out the coin to buy one, a new model is introduced with built in QD cups, etc.

RE: Barrel lengths/SMR lengths

Top rifle........13" SMR / 14.5" barrel
    Bottom rifle....15" SMR / 18" barrel

Page 11 of 182 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast