Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Vortex Gen 2 PST 1-6

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I got to play with this scope at Shot. Very impressed. Looking forward to receiving them in.

C4

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I checked these out at SHOT. I can tell you that they are very much in line with the Razor as far as the glass quality. This is where I'm coming from in scopes: I personally own a Razor 1-6, a S&B 5-25 PMII, and have a Kahles 1-6 inbound. So, good glass is important to me. So saying this glass is on par with the Razor is a big compliment. Looking at it next to the Razor, one in each hand, my eye couldn't see the difference. Now, to be fair, this is indoors, under fluorescent lighting. Once outdoors, things may change. The big kicker is I believe the PST will have a street price of around $600'ish. I really think this new PST II is going to be a fantastic addition to the Vortex line up.

I really gotta think the Vortex Razor 1-6 has gotta be due for an upgrade. I predict we will se a bump to 1-8. Used to be the PST line was a 1-4, and didn't quite have the glass the Razor did. The gap has narrowed down to where the juice isn't worth the squeeze on the Razor 1-6. Now, with companies like Swarovski doing. 1-8, Bushnell Tactical Elite doing a 1-8.5, the Razor in a 1-8 would be SWEET.

Little drift there, sorry. But, in my opinion, the new PST II is super nice.
    Last edited by Vegasshooter; 01-19-17 at 11:23.

Feedback Score
    I don't usually post the same thing twice, but I am really exited for these scopes to hit the market. I will be upgrading a few scopes with these. I really like my V1 Viper PST's. I am really looking froward to the shimless zero stop.
    I am just a regular guy, trying not to screw things up too much.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    At a street price of $600ish there are going to be a million gently used 1-4 units out there for sale methinks.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Again...where are these made?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Again...where are these made?
    Philippines

C4

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Philippines

C4
    While the PST Gen II scopes do seem to be definite improvements they are also being saddled with higher price tags pushing them out of that $500 range that was so attractive to many people. It also seems that they are discontinuing the Gen I models now as well. Any idea on if they intend to replace the Gen I's with something priced similar?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Philippines

C4
    Assembled in Phillipines with Japanese glass if I'm not mistaken.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto426 View Post
    While the PST Gen II scopes do seem to be definite improvements they are also being saddled with higher price tags pushing them out of that $500 range that was so attractive to many people. It also seems that they are discontinuing the Gen I models now as well. Any idea on if they intend to replace the Gen I's with something priced similar?
    I would like a Ferrari for the cost of a Ford Mustang, but that isn't going to happen. When the product improves quite a bit, the cost has to go up. Yes, the GEN 1's are going away. The new diamond back line and Strike eagle should fill in some of the gap left by the PST GEN 1 line.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/category...al_riflescopes

C4

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast