Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New M&P Shield in 9mm & 40S&W

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Kulbick View Post
    The slide stop in the teaser pic is definitely further to the rear of the slide than the current offerings. Looks like Sig placement above the thumb knuckle.
    Is that a slide stop or a small thumb safety?

Looks like a thumb safety to me. (ie Ruger LC9 type thumb safety)
    Last edited by High Altitude; 04-06-12 at 17:27.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    IME, the guns with accuracy issues tend to be due to the loose nut behind the trigger and nothing else.
    Except the fact that there are in fact guns with accuracy issues out there. I have one that shoots sub 2" groups and another that shoots 8" groups. The control gun, a G17, shoots 2-3" groups...

So while I agree that too many people just flat out can't ****ing shoot the accuracy issues are in fact a real problem.

Feedback Score
    Since I held the new gun in my hand today....... ..... I will say this much... sell your LC9's...... It feels very good in the hand, almost a full size grip, single stack, so it's thin, with a compact barrel, a little wider than the LC9 slide... the trigger felt pretty good... but guys have to remember the class of gun it is.. it's not a 1911... I like it, but I only had about 3-4 minutes before I had to abruptly give it up..Oh yaa.. the pinky has a place to rest, with my big paws, I liked that..
    Last edited by turbo38gn; 04-10-12 at 15:34.
    Jack C.
    cleaned up my gun list for Odie, hope this makes you feel better.. is my target ok? I
    can delete it too..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    Is that a slide stop or a small thumb safety?

Looks like a thumb safety to me. (ie Ruger LC9 type thumb safety)
    That is a thumb safety, the layout is pretty much the same as a reg M&P.... maybe a 3" barrel.. pretty much a compact M&P just narrower and maybe a tad shorter barrel but felt like a FS grip, only narrow.
    Jack C.
    cleaned up my gun list for Odie, hope this makes you feel better.. is my target ok? I
    can delete it too..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo38gn View Post
    That is a thumb safety, the layout is pretty much the same as a reg M&P.... maybe a 3" barrel.. pretty much a compact M&P just narrower and maybe a tad shorter barrel but felt like a FS grip, only narrow.
    Thanks for the info.

I don't like that it has a thumb safety unless it is SAO which I doubt. Hopefully it will be an option like on the other M&Ps.
    Last edited by High Altitude; 04-06-12 at 21:44.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    Thanks for the info.

I don't like that it has a thumb safety unless it is SAO which I doubt. Hopefully it will be an option like on the other M&Ps.
    domn't use it...
    Jack C.
    can delete it too..

Feedback Score
    domn't use it...
    and if it some how gets activated, but since I never use it I never bother to swipe it off during the draw and then it doesn't go bang.

No thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Since I held the new gun in my hand today....... and took a quick picture with my phone cam... before the big boss walked in..... I will say this much... sell your LC9's...... It feels very good in the hand, almost a full size grip, single stack, so it's thin, with a compact barrel, a little wider than the LC9 slide... the trigger felt pretty good... but guys have to remember the class of gun it is.. it's not a 1911... I like it, but I only had about 3-4 minutes before I had to abruptly give it up..Oh yaa.. the pinky has a place to rest, with my big paws, I liked that..

Is this thing small enough for pocket carry comfortably?

Feedback Score
    I'm guessing no.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorDG View Post
    Sorry to hear. Sounds like a lot of bad luck. I have never had a problem with any of my S&Ws.
    Same here, and I own 4 of them purchased around five years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcheung View Post
    There are a few people who fired an M&P 9 side-by-side with a Glock 17/19 and demonstrated better precision with the Glock.
    I've had the opposite observation. I know several former Glock 19 & 23 owners that have switch to the M&P after shooting my M&P9 & 40. A few 1911 converts as well after shooting my FS M&P45.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast