Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to make performance better (DD)/spare parts

Feedback Score

How to make performance better (DD)/spare parts

Hey guys, I'm new to ARs when it comes to do's,don'ts- parts- brands etc. I've been reading the stickys like crazy.

I recently got a Daniel Defense (DD) v5 with ecotech 512 and BUIS

I was wondering 2 things.

1) how can I make my Daniel defense better? I love the rifle, thinking about maybe getting one stage trigger for ligther pull.

Also what does the bolt upgrade with the oring and heavier spring for the extractor do?

2) I want to get a spare parts kit, what parts should I really focus on?

Also when it comes to lube I want something that will last! Not to turn this in to VS. thread but is motor oil as good as everyone saids? Been looking at slp2000 ewl.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Djstorm100; 03-09-12 at 13:42.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Djstorm100 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to ARs when it comes to do's,don'ts- parts- brands etc. I've been reading the stickys like crazy.

I recently got a Daniel Defense (DD) v5 with ecotech 512 and BUIS

I was wondering 2 things.

1) how can I make my Daniel defense better? I love the rifle, thinking about maybe getting one stage trigger for ligther pull.

Also what does the bolt upgrade with the oring and heavier spring for the extractor do?

2) I want to get a spare parts kit, what parts should I really focus on?

Also when it comes to lube, I'm anal as hell. Not to turn this in to VS. thread but is motor oil as good as everyone saids? Been looking at slp2000 ewl.

Thanks!
    i think your choice of words should be the first thought in your mind in the future.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chewie View Post
    i think your choice of words should be the first thought in your mind in the future.
    LMAO. We see where you mind is sir!

Bad choice of words on my parts.

I'm pick in how I keep my weapons clean and stored. Wanted to know motor oil 10w-30 is just as good as slp2000 ewl

Feedback Score
    sorry, for derailing your original post. ;-)

i am new at all of this with rifles. i've been searching a bunch and reading tons of posts from those who have a lot more experience with all of this than i do.

i'll step aside, as i am interested in any responses you may receive, too.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Since you are new to ARs. In answer to #1: shoot it...a lot.

The DDM4v5 is pretty much GTG out of the box. Shoot a couple thousand rounds through it and see how you like it before replacing parts that don't need to be replaced.

Any money spent now needlessly switching stuff around would be better spent on ammo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chewie View Post
    sorry, for derailing your original post. ;-)

i am new at all of this with rifles. i've been searching a bunch and reading tons of posts from those who have a lot more experience with all of this than i do.

i'll step aside, as i am interested in any responses you may receive, too.
    you are all good buddy lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    Since you are new to ARs. In answer to #1: shoot it...a lot.

The DDM4v5 is pretty much GTG out of the box. Shoot a couple thousand rounds through it and see how you like it before replacing parts that don't need to be replaced.

Any money spent now needlessly switching stuff around would be better spent on ammo.

What about spare parts kit/ the extractor mod..is it totally necessary?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Sounds like a solid carbine. Best to go shoot it, take some classes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sammage View Post
    Sounds like a solid carbine. Best to go shoot it, take some classes.
    I'm planning on doing that now. Getting the required gear. How does 175 for a full day private lesson sound?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I'd say no to the extractor mod.

As far as spare parts, a spare bolt should pretty much cover you. I'd buy another DD if I were you or at least make sure whatever you get is MPI.

RE Lube...there are a million threads here about it and some guys change lubes more than they change their underwear. I started using SLIP2000 last year after using CLP for the past 10 years and the SLIP is much better. It doesn't deteriorate nearly as quickly as the CLP used to.

If I were you, I'd get 12 PMAGs, a good Carbine Course, and 1k rounds of quality brass cased ammo before I worried about buying a spare bolt, though. I'm telling you, a basic carbine class from someone like Vickers will answer many of the questions you may have as well as teaching you good weapons handling, manipulation, and marksmanship techniques.
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Djstorm100 View Post
    I'm planning on doing that now. Getting the required gear. How does 175 for a full day private lesson sound?
    It really depends on who the instructor is.
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast