Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hats

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Pretty much what's already been stated here; MC boonie for hiking and hunting, very light weight ball cap for running, BCM or VTAC caps for everyday wear and the free ball caps that LA Police Gear sent me for range time.

Pat

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My preferred hat is the Boonie style. I have them in many colors depending on the the temp and the occasion. I like them because they offer full sun protection and I can just fold them up and put them in my pocket when needed.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    First, I find this a little unsettling because, frankly, don't you have to wear a yellow visor?

I tend to avoid the overly 'i like shooting or army stuff' hats. I presently use a few:

• Lightweight Mountain Hardwear nylon (almost shot)
    • Generic "close to marpat brown" adjustable organic cotton cap (5 bucks @ walmart). Currently the first one I grab.
    • Proper Cotton/Poly patrol cap in khaki (RIT to 'darker' brown)
    • Outdoor Research Radar cap (new, i like this one. It will probably replace patrol cap above)
    • Proper Boonie in khaki for sunny or rainy days (would like to replace this with an OR Helios/Sombrero). I like the versatility and full coverage.
    Last edited by PrivateCitizen; 09-06-10 at 13:05.

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    the 215gear blended hat has become my fave for hot weather - the mesh panels in the back provide more ventilation than a solid fabric hat.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    When I'm hunting I wear a boonie hat. The round brim allows me to slowly move and look around without making the movement so noticeable. A ball cap would exaggerate the movement because of the bill. Everything else I wear a ball cap. Being bald on top I have to wear a cap of some type in the sun. Sun burnt head really hurts.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    I like a thin ball cap just like the ones BCM gives away.
    That is my favorite ball cap. I use it to keep rain and sun off of my "solar panel for a sex machine" bald head. My favortire winter cap is the Larue Tactical ball cap it is much thicker and keeps the chrome dome warm. When it is really cold I wear a night watchmans cap, while hunting a boonie(jungle) hat, and when at theme parks, shopping outside, at zoo with the fam etc. I wear a Tilley LTM5 Airflo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nikes Dri fit feather caps are pretty much what I stick with during the warmer months. The can be had for $20 or probably cheaper depending on where you look and have easily done the best job at repelling moisture to keep my dome cool as well as offering protection from the sun. The material is slightly elastic so it offers the perfect fit for just about any sized head. Another point to mention is that it weighs virtually nothing in comparison to most of the hats Ive worn or handled.
    Its only until we have nothing that we're free to do anything

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If it's not a MICH helmet or a beanie, pretty much exclusively baseball caps. I have a bunch, but I've got a small, misshapen bald dome (I'm so ugly that my hair ran away from my face) and most just don't fit well enough for me to want to wear.

One of the few exceptions is my Lightfighter hat. I have no idea who the manufacturer is. It fits right, is light enough to not hold in to much heat and thick enough to absorb most sweat.

2nd Place is a lightweight hat from Kuhl: https://www.kuhl.com/products/Strand-Hat.html ...though mine's khaki. I get the feeling they don't offer it any more.

3rd place is one I wear only in the winter, because it's pretty heavy. A black twill baseball cap with the Enron logo on the front. Some folks object to the logo, but they can kiss my ass, they're history and it's a nice hat.
    Last edited by JSantoro; 09-06-10 at 16:08.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I pretty much wear whatever. If it is really hot outside with a good amount of humidity, I definitely wear the 215 Gear Mesh hat. Other than that, I just grab which ever one it is. Got a mix if everything. And I'm pretty sure the only one I bought is the Outdoor Research Goretex hat

Last edited by C45P312; 09-06-10 at 16:28.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateCitizen View Post
    First, I find this a little unsettling because, frankly, don't you have to wear a yellow visor?
    Often, yes. But there are times when it's best not to.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast