Page 118 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1387

Thread: New Noveske NSR rail!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    My barrel nut would NOT index correctly, waiting a new one from Noveske. Should be here today, excited for that!

Decided that the giessele reaction rod would be a really great tool to have and I want one!
    My barrel nut did index OK, but it took every bit of 80 ft-lbs (and maybe a hair more) to get it there. The reaction rod took a lot of the anxiety out of that process for me.

Feedback Score
    Out of my 4 NSRs so far, all have indexed fine. 3 I had to switch to the 'other' side of the nut (thank freakin' goodness John thought to give us two options to time it) but all worked great.
    I tend to like barrel nuts on the tighter side, so I'm accustomed to getting a foot into it. Always with the moly grease, 4 tighten/loosen routines.

Just about perfection on the design IMO. Maybe a titanium nut would've been perfection?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My BBL nut wouldn't index right either side so my gunsmith lathed it out a bit and the worked fine.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I have put 2 NSR's on and haven't had a problem indexing. I did have to swap to the other side but, that was it. I wonder why so many are having issues.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_B View Post
    I have put 2 NSR's on and haven't had a problem indexing. I did have to swap to the other side but, that was it. I wonder why so many are having issues.
    Honestly not sure!!!

But I got my second nut in today and that one STILL doesn't work! So.... I'm definitely not going to make it to 3-gun tonight! I think with this second nut I could force it by going to over 80lbs toque, but no thanks! I'm already not super-happy with this upper as it's showing NOTICEABLE flex at 80lbs.

I'm sending Noveske all my parts and they're going to look at it for me. They've been really helpful so far. I'm sure mine is the fluke (my luck!)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Honestly not sure!!!

But I got my second nut in today and that one STILL doesn't work! So.... I'm definitely not going to make it to 3-gun tonight! I think with this second nut I could force it by going to over 80lbs toque, but no thanks! I'm already not super-happy with this upper as it's showing NOTICEABLE flex at 80lbs.

I'm sending Noveske all my parts and they're going to look at it for me. They've been really helpful so far. I'm sure mine is the fluke (my luck!)
    you've now successfully troubleshot out that it's your upper then
    Last edited by Lopro619; 03-27-13 at 17:14.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Yeah definitely wouldn't go over 80. That's crazy 2 different nuts not working. I guess it could be a possibility of you upper being out of spec but idk. Good luck with getting everything straightened out.

Honestly not sure!!!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have installed 3 NSR's and all three required going just a hair over 80ft lbs.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by calvin118 View Post
    I have installed 3 NSR's and all three required going just a hair over 80ft lbs.
    Yes. The reaction rod allows cranking hard on the barrel nut without having to watch that troublesome receiver deformation.
    Last edited by Hmac; 03-27-13 at 20:38.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mine is indexing just fine, but I'm having trouble getting it lined up just right w/ my Vltor upper receiver. It's very close, but just a hair off...

Page 118 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast