Thread: Sprinco CS Buffer Springs

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Sprinco CS Buffer Springs

So I've been reading (and watching the videos) of all these low-recoiling 14.5" middies with heavy buffers and springs and I just wanted to make sure I was thinking this through correctly...

If I were to upgrade my buffer and add a heavier spring + a comp of some sort I'd get similar results with my 16" middy, right?

So looking at the options from Sprinco, there's a blue and a red. The blue spring is not any stronger than a standard spring, but is CS and should last longer, while the red is extra powered, is this correct? Basically, upgrading to the blue spring will have little to no bearing on the recoil of the rifle, in comparison to where it is now, right?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Feedback Score
    What spring are you using now?
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Currently I'm using the stock spring from the BCM stock kit.
    Last edited by CaptainDooley; 09-14-10 at 13:16.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure that the Sprinco BLUE isn't any stronger than the standard BCM spring.

I could be wrong tho0ugh, ask Markm, Grant, or Rob.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    No need for a + power spring if your gun runs fine with a standard power spring.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Captain,

See my post on this thread (Post # 238):

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...d=1#post756812

We are in the same boat, sir.

I tried the CS blue spring and eventually upgraded to the red spring, H3 buffer, and FSC556. I am, however, using a low drag FZ coated BCG....so with a phosphated BCG, there will be more drag and a standard blue spring may work best. PM me if you want more info on my personal range tests.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the Sprinco BLUE isn't any stronger than the standard BCM spring.

I could be wrong tho0ugh, ask Markm, Grant, or Rob.
    I asked Alan Dugger, the owner of Tactical Springs, and he replied:

""The BLUE spring is heavier than Mil-Spec, and may not be the ticket
    for running those light training rounds on that platform. Before you throw the baby out with the bathwater, try using a CAR-15 buffer with those SRTA rounds.

We are trying to get our WHITE spring ready for SHOT in January, which will have the same rate and load as a Mil-Spec spring to address situations like you encountered with the light training round as well as some "problem child" carbines that don't like to run on anything but a mil-spec spring (sometimes only with a worn out mil-spec spring and a CAR-15 buffer....much to the chagrin of the Agency that is stuck with them) :>( We are trying to cover all the bases out there with our offerings, but with the diversity of offerings and configs in the black gun market, it's sometimes like herding cats.

The length of our BLUE spring, as you already determined, is on the upper end of the allowable length for a mil-spec spring, but the rate is lower, (fewer coils / inch) giving it a higher load.

Please let me know if it runs with a CAR-15 buffer. If not, check in after SHOT for a WHITE spring.""

A great reply, which should put to rest the notion that the Blue Spring is your run of the mill carbine standard spring. I had trouble using it with a middy 14.5in barrel using an H buffer and training ammo 100fps slower than milspec. Would not hold bolt back most of the time. However it works beautifully with an H3 buffer in my Noveske SBR's. It is a great product for carbines.

Regards,

Jorge