Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: BCM (Bravo) - anyone with negative experience?

Feedback Score
    Didn’t know Euro had given up shooting AR’s and relocated.

Wish him the best.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewell View Post
    I've never had a bad experience with BCM. I have quite a few different rifles, and my BCM Recce has become my favorite. I do prefer m lok to keymod, but the BCM kmr has never given me any issues.
    That's a super easy fix.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Sorry forget I asked, I don't even want to know.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 05-15-18 at 14:36. Reason: sorry, I've been away awhile
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Me? No I still live in a gun friendly state.

Eurodriver has evidently moved to Canada though, at least if my search results are accurate.

The lure of poutine, socialized healthcare, hockey, Molson beer, strict gun control, and cold weather was too much for Eurodriver to resist.

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Huh??? Did you relocate to an AR hating state?
    See: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ring-SBR-Lower

From that thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver
    I am making real progress toward a permanent move to a foreign country.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sorry Euro;

I shoulda known better.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I never realized BCM had so many issues, all these years I thought I was the oddball not owning one. The fact their low profile gas blocks are loctited in with set screws and not pinned was enough to turn me off to them. I admit the KMR looked to be a “game changer” but when all the reports of easily dented and bent rails started rolling in I was glad I never bought into it, this is the first I’m hearing of the accuracy issues, I wonder if it has to do with the fact their gas blocks are not pinned (or perhaps their unique barrel profiles)?

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    I never realized BCM had so many issues, all these years I thought I was the oddball not owning one. The fact their low profile gas blocks are loctited in with set screws and not pinned was enough to turn me off to them. I admit the KMR looked to be a “game changer” but when all the reports of easily dented and bent rails started rolling in I was glad I never bought into it, this is the first I’m hearing of the accuracy issues, I wonder if it has to do with the fact their gas blocks are not pinned (or perhaps their unique barrel profiles)?
    I've never had any of the issues you mention with any of my BCM rifles. If you don't want 'em then it's more for me.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wetidlerjr View Post
    I've never had any of the issues you mention with any of my BCM rifles. If you don't want 'em then it's more for me.
    Your experience seems to be the norm.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    If anything a pinned gas block would make accuracy worse.

There is nothing wrong with a set screw gas block. If you take a BCM block off without breaking tools then I'll buy you a beer.

There is also nothing wrong with their barrels. The SS ones are made by krieger.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast