Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Have Fun: What's Your Realistic Dream MG?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Hmm I’d say an RPD
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    Now that the weather is getting cooler I'm hoping to get some HD footage of the gun shooting and I have about 200 rnds of original Swedish tracer to use.
    Mongo, donyou know how many are in the registry?
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow, tough question.

Of the transferables I could actually one day buy, I want:
    - M60E6
    - all German HK E beltfed with 23E and 21E kits (semiauto sear host)
    - AUG sear gun
    - Swedish K
    - Savage or Bridgeport 28a1
    - m/37 like mongo's

Out of reach presently, but maybe in the future:
    - m240
    - Minigun
    - Stoner 63a
    Last edited by JoshNC; 10-10-17 at 22:57.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Mongo, donyou know how many are in the registry?
    There are several kg m/21 guns but I have only found one other kg m/37 so far. Unfortunately many of the guns have been converted to 30.06 with US parts thus losing all their charm.

Firearms engineer for hire on a piece work basis.

http://weaponblueprints.com/

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    We had the E3. It was a few pounds lighter. I loved shooting it. From what I’ve heard the 240 is heavier but a much better MG.
    Yeah, I was there when the FMF transitioned from the M-60D to the E3. A little lighter, a little better, but still the ugly girl at the dance.

I have never had a chance to shoot a 240, I hear they are nice. My nephew the Army Captain loves them.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I have never had a chance to shoot a 240, I hear they are nice. My nephew the Army Captain loves them.
    I'm not surprised - I wouldn't want to lug one around (I'm a little fellow) but I'd sure be glad to have one in time of need. I got to shoot the M240B and D models about 10 years ago. Back when Eric Kincel was working for Vltor/Abrams Airborne, he'd always extended an open invitation to me to go out and visit, tour the factory, and organize a range day with their extensive weapons library, and maybe write an article on my site. I finally made the trip out and got to shoot a variety of select fire/auto weapons that included:

• FN F2000
    • FN P90
    • M4 with M203
    • PKM
    • M249 SAW
    • M240B
    • M240D
    • Mk46 Mod 0
    • Mk48 Mod 0
    • Milkor M32 MGL grenade launcher
    • M-135G Minigun

I got to shoot all of them as much as wanted (as long as there was ammo available for them; and they brought out a shit ton of ammo), so it was a very good chance for me to learn a bit about each one. That's where I fell in love with the Mk46 Mod 0 (which I listed in this thread as one of my dream guns to own). I really wanted to take that thing home with me. That was by far my BEST RANGE DAY EVER.

If anyone's interested, here's a link to the article I wrote with pics and some grainy video clips:
    http://www.militarymorons.com/misc/vltor1.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For me a hk sear and a good 10mm mp5 clone(dt or tpms I guess). I already have my m10 with lage upper and my colt m16a2 is waiting on the form 4 to clear. I don't know if I'd buy a hk sear or two other machineguns instead if it came to it though. I could be a registered receiver uzi and like a 1919 belt fed for the same price. I'd love the hk sear but two fun machineguns vs one?

At some point I could see myself getting a FFL and SOT if I moved more into the sticks. Do a few gun shows and side transfers. With that I'd love a post sample p90 and maybe a kriss vector. The p90 is still my favorite machinegun. Just love how they shoot.

Feedback Score
    Sterling L34A1/MK5

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    1917 or a Vickers with lots of cloth belts and reloading machine and of course ammo a plenty

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    MP7A1 or any modern 5.56mm AR style.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast