Thread: reviews of buffer system is...

Feedback Score

reviews of buffer system is...

we need reviews of all buffer systems for m-4 and full etc what works and what is junk?so please all list your experiences thxs

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cz7 View Post
    we need reviews of all buffer systems for m-4 and full etc what works and what is junk?so please all list your experiences thxs

After High School I bought my FIRST AR15 back in the early 80`s
    Been shooting a little but dont know it all and never will

since I join the ar15.com back in 2001 I was Told about the 9mm BUFFER

I wrote it off since Colt doesnt do it in 5.56 AR carbines

Well Last year I bought the Heavy RRa 9mm buffer

BTW RRA makes 2 types FOR ONLY 25 BUCKS

I put this 9mm buffer in my New at the time LMT Defender 2000 M4 14.5

and Boy the Guys were right about it!
    My Defender M4 is TAME

it stays on Target alot better

I also have a Bushmaster Lower with a VLTOR tele wich has a H buffer
    and a LMT M4 14.5 upper

there is a Big difference between the 2 M4`s

Also the DEFENDER 2000 spits out the Brass ALOT Further
    than the Bushy/LMT with H buffer

Feedback Score
    You might want to head in the opposite direction and use a LIGHTER buffer combined with a brake - as brakes are becoming more common on AR systems.

While not strictly a buffer system, I have used the low mass buffer and Aluminum bolt carrier (yes - I did say aluminum) known as the Low Mass Operating System offered by J P. Enterprises.

J.P. offers tactical rifles and parts - including recoil eliminators mounted on the remote-operated AR-10 weapon systems many of you have seen being tested on up-armored humvees.

The LMOS is not recommended for tactical situations. However, where it is important to quickly place several rounds on target with great accuracy, the LMOS is tops. Like the old IPSC dot sights that are now commonplace on the battlefield, the LMOS technology comes from being tested against the clock in competition. While many would dismiss all competition as "useless" and without real-world applicability, consider that the dot sight was a product of the competitive shooting/IPSC world.

For more info on the low mass opperating system and the tactical weapons offered by J P, take a look at:

www.jprifles.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TY44934 View Post
    You might want to head in the opposite direction and use a LIGHTER buffer combined with a brake - as brakes are becoming more common on AR systems.

While not strictly a buffer system, I have used the low mass buffer and Aluminum bolt carrier (yes - I did say aluminum) known as the Low Mass Operating System offered by J P. Enterprises.

J.P. offers tactical rifles and parts - including recoil eliminators mounted on the remote-operated AR-10 weapon systems many of you have seen being tested on up-armored humvees.

The LMOS is not recommended for tactical situations. However, where it is important to quickly place several rounds on target with great accuracy, the LMOS is tops. Like the old IPSC dot sights that are now commonplace on the battlefield, the LMOS technology comes from being tested against the clock in competition. While many would dismiss all competition as "useless" and without real-world applicability, consider that the dot sight was a product of the competitive shooting/IPSC world.

For more info on the low mass operating system and the tactical weapons offered by J P, take a look at:

www.jprifles.com
    Preach it brother Douglas, I said the same thing in another thread but someone said I didn't know what I was talking about. With my 3 gun rifle with my scope at 1.5x I can put all rounds of a full 30 round mag into the A & C zone of an IPSC target at 50yds as fast as I can pull the trigger. Lighter Moving Mass = More control, of course the Bennie Cooley brake helps. I also don't use an adjustable gas system nor a different buffer spring BTW.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)