Page 25 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Swiss SIG 553 pistols have hit the US market

Feedback Score
    Gotcha...I too was planning on using velcro or electric tape. I know it's a tool but just thinking about the future if/when I sell it one day.
    Now for the wait on a SBR stamp.
    Last edited by kunc; 07-16-14 at 20:21.

Feedback Score
    anyone have a Lafflon paint pen in black? :^)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kunc View Post
    Gotcha...I too was planning on using velcro or electric tape. I know it's a tool but just thinking about the future if/when I sell it one day.
    Now for the wait on a SBR stamp.
    Adhesive-backed Velcro works well.

Feedback Score
    Need some advice on removing the rear plate in order to install the stock. I tried tapping out the stock pin in both directions. It won't move. I also tried shimmering the rear plate open. No go. I saw one post saying the stock pin is 'blind pinned'. Any help would be great. Dave

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmc51 View Post
    Need some advice on removing the rear plate in order to install the stock. I tried tapping out the stock pin in both directions. It won't move. I also tried shimmering the rear plate open. No go. I saw one post saying the stock pin is 'blind pinned'. Any help would be great. Dave

You must remove the small 1/16" roll pin first that is on the hinge side of the rear plate. Push this pin in toward the gun. It will safely fall into the open cavity between the rear plate and back of the receiver.

You then can tap out the silver hinge pin from either direction.

The rear plate with then come off. The 1/16" roll pin will be loose also, so make sure you don't drop it on the floor.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Thanks, never thought of pushing it in. D.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kunc View Post
    Noticed these have multiple brass marks on the receiver, does Swiss Arms test fire them before they leave the factory? Anyone else that purchased one these, did yours come with brass marks? Has a bank vault feel but the finish is lacking, has blems and scratches over a few areas of the receiver. Maybe with the downsizing of Swiss Arms, the QC has gone down? I heard that there are less than 20 people working there currently and that they are on the verge of going out of business.

Does yours have a rail or diopters? Can I ask what serial number range it is?

Feedback Score
    Mine came with some brass marks from shooting. No dings or scratches however. Mine was made early in 2013, and is a flattop. Fit, finish, and trigger is simply stunning. Better then the Giselle i put in my ar-15.

Feedback Score
    For those of you that have completed a SBR Form 4 on your 553P, what did you write in box "4.h. Additional Description" ? Would it be ALL the info on the left side of receiver "Sig Sauer Inc. Exeter NH SAN Made in Switzerland cal 5,56 mm" ? In box 4a for name and location of original manufacturer, I wrote SAN Swiss Arms Switzerland. Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bumping this. I'm endeavoring to buy one before the year is out. I've passed over many times, but after doing my first Form 1 for some AR SBR's last week, I want the SG553 I've ogled for many years. I have a 551-A1 and a ton of mags already and spent way too much money on OD Green furniture for it (XwEowUDl.jpg).

Any 922r issues with converting the P553 to SBR? I've heard differing answers and perhaps its because there is no definitive answer.
    | 92 - Billennium | Steel-I/96 Stock | WC BrigTac| Elite II | 90-Two G | Inox Brig |
    | 85FS Cheetah | 71 Jaguar | 21a Bobcat | 3032 Tomcat | Model 90 Armi Roma |
    | Sig - 551-A1 ODG | P553 | 522 | P320 FDE |
    | Noveske 10.5" Pistol | AP 12.5" | AP Tungsten SPR | DDM4 V7 in MSP & Elcan |
    | 308 - DSA FAL & Steyr Scout in grey |

Page 25 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast