Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRS

Feedback Score
    All the questions about the solar cell working indoors, it seems to me that the unit's primary source is solar. If that comes up short, it taps into the battery for whatever it needs. It's almost like the Prius of optics.

I do wonder what the battery life would be if left on and stored in a dark case so it was instantly ready. Then it would be pulling from just the battery and life would be less I would think. Or just store it powered off and go through the motions of powering it on when removing from trunk/case.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Aside from the cdi factor of the solar panel and the fact that a nice mount is included, is this really superior to the m4s?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Aside from the cdi factor of the solar panel and the fact that a nice mount is included, is this really superior to the m4s?
    Probably not. The daylight batteryless capability is interesting but not critical in light of Aimpoint battery life but FOV through the optic might be more important to some.
    I'd like to check one out just out of curiosity but I don't expect it to be an "Aimpoint killer".
    Tomac
    "His Universe, His rules." - Tomac

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Now if they would release the 1-6x24 Accupoint with BDC!
    Amen, I sent Trijicon a letter begging for it! At least give us a 1-6X. Please.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skang View Post
    Little late to the market, but very well done.

I am also waiting for new Accupoint.
    I'd rather support an American company like Trijicon.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I gotta say I'm really kinda impressed with the specs. And the price doesn't sound so bad relative to a M4, especially when you get the excellent Bobro mount.

Only things I wish it had.
    1. CR123 battery (or two) instead of an AA, CR123s have a longer shelf life and are more robust in the cold.
    2. I miss the Tritium as a backup.
    3. I wish we could put in a rechargeable battery so the solar keeps the charge up, but that's probably too much to ask.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    I gotta say I'm really kinda impressed with the specs. And the price doesn't sound so bad relative to a M4, especially when you get the excellent Bobro mount.

1. CR123 battery (or two) instead of an AA, CR123s have a longer shelf life and are more robust in the cold.
    3. I wish we could put in a rechargeable battery so the solar keeps the charge up, but that's probably too much to ask.
    Negative on #1. Google energizer L91. it is lithium just like a cr123 so leaking and cold weather are similarly non problematic, it is rated at 3,000mah (compared to 1600mah or so of the best cr123's), and it has a listed shelf life of 15 years. It is superior to the cr123 in every way provided that the voltage is adequate, which for an rds, it is.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Aimpoint killer, probably not but im sure it will be a top quality option with some innovative features. After all competition is good for everyone and i'll probably pick one up next year and see how i like it.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 10-17-11 at 00:03.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Edit.
    Last edited by Belloc; 03-02-13 at 03:35.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post

1. Remember that big Army uses a lot of AA batts. So that is why.
    2. Agree, but it does little to help when shooting in close quarters with a SUPER bright light.
    3. Not a bad idea, but my guess is that all the solars capability is being used to fuel the dot.

C4

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast