Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Question For airweight J-frame shooters

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Well, I love it. I took some video of me shooting my J-frame today and I was amazed at how little muzzle rise I was getting. Fantastic, handy little guns.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Well, I love it. I took some video of me shooting my J-frame today and I was amazed at how little muzzle rise I was getting. Fantastic, handy little guns.
    Mr. Bell

I saw your thread about the LaserMax light. Looks like a cool little unit. I'll speak for others here too, wouldn't mind seeing updates/opinions as you progress.

I am not trying to counter your infamous thread. At 555 rounds I am a laughable rookie and johhny come lately.

Mr. T2C is kicking ass with his BG38.

I hope to approach these round counts one day, and wishfully, an elevated skill level. All will evolve with time hopefully!
    Clay....Bill Clay.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I pounded out another 250 rounds today and the BG38 is up to 4,303 rounds. The weather was perfect, heavy rain, high winds and mosquitos the size of pigeons came out during the few short periods when the rain did let up.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I pounded out another 250 rounds today and the BG38 is up to 4,303 rounds. The weather was perfect, heavy rain, high winds and mosquitos the size of pigeons came out during the few short periods when the rain did let up.
    Were you able to hit the mosquitoes with the BG?

I hope to reach the 1000 mark by August. I've been saving all my brass. beibei 567.jpg
    Clay....Bill Clay.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KrampusArms View Post
    Were you able to hit the mosquitoes with the BG?beibei 567.jpg
    I am afraid that I am not that good. Maybe after I fire another 4,000 to 5,000 rounds, I can hit a barn size mosquito.

Update June 26th: I took a shot at a coyote that was eyeballing our young puppy when I took her outside to use the latrine. The dirt kicked up directly underneath the coyote and I did not find a blood trail. I measured the distance to the miss with my range finder and found that the distance from the divot where the round impacted to my patio was 67 yards.

Back to the drawing board.
    Last edited by T2C; 06-26-15 at 22:23. Reason: Update: I missed!
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    IMG_1678.jpgIMG_1677.jpg

Fired another 100 rounds tonight. Makes that 655. Here's the recoil shield on my example after said round count. Also, my girly wounded hand and the stain on the weapon after a 100 round session.
    Last edited by KrampusArms; 06-28-15 at 00:34.
    Clay....Bill Clay.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I am afraid that I am not that good. Maybe after I fire another 4,000 to 5,000 rounds, I can hit a barn size mosquito.

Update June 26th: I took a shot at a coyote that was eyeballing our young puppy when I took her outside to use the latrine. The dirt kicked up directly underneath the coyote and I did not find a blood trail. I measured the distance to the miss with my range finder and found that the distance from the divot where the round impacted to my patio was 67 yards.

Back to the drawing board.
    T2C

That's quite a distance. With my current ability, I highly doubt I could nail an elephant at that range. Sounds like you damn near connected. Screw those viscious, feral beings. God speed to you sir.
    Clay....Bill Clay.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Our gun club is currently closed due to flooding. Once the water recedes and we can use the rifle range again, I am going to try some 100 yard shots on a B-27 silhouette. I am going to shoot up some tarnished Speer GD 135g +P I have been carrying in my J Frame and speed strips for the past year and I am curious if I can hit anything at 100 yards.

I did this years ago with a Model 60 and Winchester 158g LHP + P using neck hold. I was able to keep a fair number of rounds on target. I finally figured out my new fangled cell phone and should take a few pictures when I try lobbing them in with the BG38.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Also, my girly wounded hand and the stain on the weapon after a 100 round session.
    She is a harsh mistress!!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    jframe wound 2.jpg

150 more rounds. Total now is 805.

Above photo taken after a 100 round session. My skin is like tissue paper. I contemplated ceasing the session, but I ended up getting in the ZONE. My groupings sucked, and I still cant hit squat, but I performed significantly better than ever before.
    Last edited by KrampusArms; 07-14-15 at 22:13.
    Clay....Bill Clay.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast