Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig AR Polymer Mags

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

Sig AR Polymer Mags

I've never used them. Are these GTG? Seems like a helluva deal: SIG 556 AR Mags $4.95
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Heheheheheh, another "SIG" venture.

Chinese made junk would be my reasoned assessment.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Visually they remind me of those cheap mags you'd see piled in those discount barrels at Cabela's some years back, even during the post Sandy Hook panic when you couldn't find a Pmag to save your life Cabela's always had plenty of those crappy looking things. I believe Syn-Tech may have been the brand name for those. Personally if I wanted cheap mags I'd spend a couple more bucks and get some aluminum GI mags (Although the cheaper GIs are likely to be the old green-follower type). Mags really aren't something you really want to get too cheap with though in my opinion.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 11-22-17 at 15:47.

Feedback Score
    I've heard they are not even worth the $4.95...unless you want to practice malfunctions.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I haven't strayed too far from USGI, steel and PMAGS, with the exception of owning a few Lancers. I appreciate it, guys. FWIW I haven't been paying attention to the bargain bin AR mags at Cabela's, so I had no idea.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    I thought Sig was supposed to make/sell good stuff. What happened?

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    I thought Sig was supposed to make/sell good stuff. What happened?

NYH1.
    I believe the general opinion is Cohen.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Visually they remind me of those cheap mags you'd see piled in those discount barrels at Cabela's some years back, even during the post Sandy Hook panic when you couldn't find a Pmag to save your life Cabela's always had plenty of those crappy looking things. I believe Syn-Tech may have been the brand name for those. Personally if I wanted cheap mags I'd spend a couple more bucks and get some aluminum GI mags (Although the cheaper GIs are likely to be the old green-follower type). Mags really aren't something you really want to get too cheap with though in my opinion.
    You mean one of these mother****ers?

I legit bought two just so I could abuse them. Fun fact, the place that made them , probably was trying to rip Magpul off, since the base place is literally the same dimensions. For $4 I figured I would have a good time with them, but they also are like Yugo AK mags, since the ones I have don't lock the bolt back like a UI mag I have, they stop the bolt with the follower.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    I just posted a similar thread about hexmags that were on sale for $5.99. The consensus is just spend a few more dollars and buy pmags, lancer, Okay, or usgi mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aclawrence View Post
    I just posted a similar thread about hexmags that were on sale for $5.99. The consensus is just spend a few more dollars and buy pmags, lancer, Okay, or usgi mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would bet money that you probably could get Pmags for like $7 a piece if you are willing to buy 10 or 12 at a pop, if you shop around. I know a couple years back I bought 10 Gen Pmags for $7 a pop from DSG. They work, it all I saying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast