Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tavor bullpup slated for release this year in USA

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    Negative, if you look up the M4 in Fedlog, its cost is listed at about $500.
    Really? Have you ever tried to order one in PBUSE?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TWA View Post
    The price of the Tavor SA is dependent on several factors, not the least of which is what volume IWI US will want to produce. If the factory only intends to build 5,000 to 6,000 guns the first year, then it would be silly to price them at a level at which they could become the hottest selling EBR in the country. On the other hand, if they want to produce 20,000 or more guns per year, then it would make sense to get much more aggressive with the price. These types of decisions have not been made yet, though the topic has been discussed at length.
    If they make a CA compliant one, or one that can be altered to be CA compliant, Im in for one.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TWA View Post
    The price of the Tavor SA is dependent on several factors, not the least of which is what volume IWI US will want to produce. If the factory only intends to build 5,000 to 6,000 guns the first year, then it would be silly to price them at a level at which they could become the hottest selling EBR in the country. On the other hand, if they want to produce 20,000 or more guns per year, then it would make sense to get much more aggressive with the price. These types of decisions have not been made yet, though the topic has been discussed at length.
    For what it's worth, here's my input:

I believe MSAR put themselves in financial trouble by flooding the market with relatively inexpensive AUG clones (I purchased my E-4 for approximately $1,200).

The inexpensive cost is why I own an MSAR. However, the inexpensive cost is also probably what put MSAR in trouble. A reasonable price would probably be $1,650-$1,800 for a TAR21.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Owning or having a certain by-name or by-brand weapon doesn't make one a trained assaulter.

Feedback Score
    Tough crowd on the price point for the Tavor. You guys have been spoiled by your easy access to inexpensive ARs and AKs. When they first hit Canada they were pushing $3500 with tax and factory supplied meprolight optic. The importer was backordered for months on end. The Tavors coming in now are priced around $2800, as the optic is no longer packaged with it. Given our political situation and the idiotic restrictions on our ARs, the price is reasonable as the Tavor is a "niche" firearm. Of course, the Canadian market is miniscule compared to the USA. You guys will definitely benefit from the volume discount that is sure to come your way.

The Tavor is a well made rifle, but I still prefer my Swiss Arms Classic Green "CQB" which is essentially a SIG 552. The latter is sold at a price point several hundred dollars higher than the Tavor. The SAN is a better firearm, but I wouldn't feel undergunned toting a Tavor. It's a good design, but mag changes are appreciably slower than with the AR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Armati, you are really missing the point of the Tavor in the US. It is a collectible firearm, an interesting reference piece, and previously unavailable in the US. It will never be price competitive with the M4 in civilian sales. It will not replace the ubiquity of the M4 in LE or civilian use any more than the AUG or FS2000 did so.

It is a rifle I will buy because I want one in my personal reference collection. Because one day they will no longer be available.

Feedback Score
    I think the big selling point would be that it is collectible and different. I don't think lots of people in the US are saying that the Tavor would be their first choice in tactical arms. If they sold British SA-80s here, lots of people would buy one as a collectible. Not many consider the SA-80 to be a great tactical weapon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Armati, you are really missing the point of the Tavor in the US. It is a collectible firearm, an interesting reference piece, and previously unavailable in the US. It will never be price competitive with the M4 in civilian sales. It will not replace the ubiquity of the M4 in LE or civilian use any more than the AUG or FS2000 did so.
    I am pretty sure TWA will not use "It is a collectible firearm, an interesting reference piece, and previously unavailable in the US. It will never be price competitive with the M4 in civilian sales" anywhere in it's marketing.

I was really hoping to own one as a useful rifle that is compact and can be handled with one hand. Saying the TAVOR is 'collectible' sort of worries me. Collectible seems to indicate that the TAVOR may not be with us long.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FChen17213 View Post
    I think the big selling point would be that it is collectible and different. I don't think lots of people in the US are saying that the Tavor would be their first choice in tactical arms. If they sold British SA-80s here, lots of people would buy one as a collectible. Not many consider the SA-80 to be a great tactical weapon.
    If people did buy the SA-80, they would be the dumbest MoFos alive, and deserve to be Boned out of their money.

I look at the Tavor as great bullpup option, since I have always been fascinated with them, and since the Styr Aug folks are T.U. The problem is we don't really know what kind of quality we will be getting in this export version. It may very well turn out to be the best bullpup ever made or it cold be a turd clone in the making. I'd like to get one, but I'll let others be the Beta testers for a couple of years.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armati View Post
    I am pretty sure TWA will not use "It is a collectible firearm, an interesting reference piece, and previously unavailable in the US. It will never be price competitive with the M4 in civilian sales" anywhere in it's marketing.

I was really hoping to own one as a useful rifle that is compact and can be handled with one hand. Saying the TAVOR is 'collectible' sort of worries me. Collectible seems to indicate that the TAVOR may not be with us long.
    Well that is exactly what it will be. And yes, due the the political forces I suspect we will one day see more gun bans and that availability of modern military arms will be affected. We are truly living in a second Golden Age of modern semiautomatic military rifle ownership/availability. It won't last forever. Buy them now while you can.

Feedback Score

Tavor TDP?

Just out of curiosity does the Tavor follow the M4's TDP for parts like the bolt and barrel?

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast