Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Lander magazines

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Just to make sure I'm not missing something...you are order number 10,595 and your magazines were manufactured in Feb of 2013?

And those of us with an order number of 14,000-15,000 and higher were told that the mags were "In Stock" with a "2-3 week" expected delivery timetable, when we ordered and paid for them 6-8 weeks ago?
    All shipping of the earlier mags was stopped. The earlier mags will still be sold in markets where all rifles are MIL-SPEC contract rifles, but the US market will get only the Mod3 mags. So we basically are shipping them as we get them at this point, and only slowly rebuilding the inventory, as we are shipping them out as fast as we can.

There was a delay as we made the transition and it took some time for the production to catch up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    The first one I tried will absolutely only hold 29 cartridges . . .
    Please email me for instructions for return for inspection and replacement. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I received my E-Lander magazines. They're marked with a February, 2013 date code. The first one I tried will absolutely only hold 29 cartridges. There's no way in the world that one more is going to fit. The follower is bottoming out on something. I took it apart and removed the spring. I could then insert 30 cartridges with all the other parts assembled. My guess at this point is the spring is fully compressing. The second one I tried holds 30 cartridges. I'll have to disassemble both to see what the difference is. Both are hard as heck to seat in to three different AR15's (Colt, Stag, CMMG) when they're fully loaded and the bolt is forward. When not loaded, they seat very easily when the bolt is forward.
    UPDATE: I loaded up twenty-eight more magazines and they all took 30 cartridges. I disassembled the one that will only hold 29 and one of the ones that will hold 30. The problem is readily apparent. The spring in the one that will only hold 29 has five more coils and is about 2.5 inches longer than the other. So it looks as though this is a one off sort of issue. If TheMakoGroup can get me the correct spring, that magazine should be good to go.

BTW, while I would not say that these magazines are easy to disassemble, I find them easier to disassemble than regular USGI magazines.
    Last edited by Bret; 03-02-13 at 19:07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The problem is readily apparent. The spring in the one that will only hold 29 has five more coils and is about 2.5 inches longer than the other. .
    Perhaps a spring for their 40 round mag found its way in there.

Feedback Score
    I was thinking that as well.

Feedback Score
    I loaded up twenty-eight more magazines and they all took 30 cartridges

You bought >28 magazines!!
    Dude!
    (Good job on the troubleshooting, too, BTW)

Mako - you had better do right by this customer!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, it's not such a bad hit when you factor in free shipping...

Feedback Score

Shipped

I just got an email that my mags have shipped.
    Order # 11558.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow you guys are still waiting for these mags?

My lgs has had Pmag Gen3's in stock for a few weeks now. I was gonna buy E-Landers back in Dec but I decided to wait for Pmags instead.

there was also a guy on Youtube who did a good T&E on the Elanders and it clearly showed they did not seat fully on a loaded mag, which swayed me from buying them. But if that's all you can get for now, I guess it'll do.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeM4 View Post
    Wow you guys are still waiting for these mags?

My lgs has had Pmag Gen3's in stock for a few weeks now. I was gonna buy E-Landers back in Dec but I decided to wait for Pmags instead.

there was also a guy on Youtube who did a good T&E on the Elanders and it clearly showed they did not seat fully on a loaded mag, which swayed me from buying them. But if that's all you can get for now, I guess it'll do.
    That may have been me. FWIW, I've sent several of the mags back to Mako and they will be replacing them with the newer design mags. I'll do a follow up video when I get them back.

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast