Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drop in (2 piece) free float handguards.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    It takes five min to remove the ring and is worth it imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstalford View Post
    It takes five min to remove the ring and is worth it imo.

That starts getting in to might as well use a free float with a proprietary barrel nut, assuming the taper pins aren't stuck.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Removing the fsb and barrel nut is A LOT more work.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    So do you need to remove the FSB pins and slide it forward to cut off the handguard cap? That's the procedure I've been able to find when looking around a little for "how to's", but there was one video that alluded to being able to snip it and pry it off without needing to move the FSB. It wasn't very clear though, and moving/removing the FSB is what I'm trying to avoid in the first place. As far as the Delta Ring and Spring, I can see that wouldn't be so difficult.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Yeah you can just use some snips and pliers to get it off without messing with the pins.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The delta ring is easy to remove. Maybe takes a minute with a dremel tool, and unless you go straight bull in a china shop you won't mark or damage the upper. I have a Midwest FSP free float quad rail, and had to remove the delta ring only. It was super easy, but since the OP was looking for something more comfortable than a quad rail I had to recommend the Troy Delta. It was nice not having to remove the handguard cap too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McSimon View Post
    So do you need to remove the FSB pins and slide it forward to cut off the handguard cap? That's the procedure I've been able to find when looking around a little for "how to's", but there was one video that alluded to being able to snip it and pry it off without needing to move the FSB. It wasn't very clear though, and moving/removing the FSB is what I'm trying to avoid in the first place. As far as the Delta Ring and Spring, I can see that wouldn't be so difficult.
    It takes 5 minutes to get the muzzle device, FSB, and barrel nut off the gun. Seriously, don't let that drive your choice.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Probably a very good idea (likely mandatory) to remove the gas tube if cutting the cap off. I think replacing the gas tube roll pin with a Spirol pin is a good idea after following the recommendation from a few members here.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    FWIW, I did not remove the gastube. I installed a C4 to replace Magpul handguards. Removing the handguard cap is a simple task with snips. You get to a point where you can more or less bend it off once the metal is fatigued a bit. The delta ring is a hair more involved. As long as you put something like an old towel around everything apart from where you are cutting to save from slips, take your time with a dremel and cut from both sides, it's not too bad. I put the upper in a vice looking down on the dust cover and cut from 3 and 9 o'clock. I marked the spots with pencil to make sure I didn't impact the barrel nut. Watch a few youtube vids and see how people do it. As for the C4 rail, best option for the standard barrel nut imo and is very solid.

Feedback Score
    Point taken, and my comment was totally tongue in cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by Locutus View Post
    Generally I would agree with you - I made the mistake of buying a UTG "A2 rear sight" several years ago. However, as long as the handguard doesn't rattle or pop out, then there's very little to go wrong. I won't be a snob about brands if the part does it's job well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast