Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Comparison Chart of Commercial M4 Pattern Carbines

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Just got an email from Mark Westrom. The original guy I was corresponding with at Armalite is no longer there, and Mark is taking a look at the questionnaire for me.
    Glad to hear that !

They truly only have 1 "M4 Pattern" rifle , though ...
    the LEC15A4CBK ...

....I'm not terribly disappointed in the way it's headed now though. Buyers just need to make sure they educate themselves. You can't simply say "oh, I saw this brand on the Chart, I'm going to buy one of these" without paying attention to the model.
    I like the layout , too ... alphabetical .... the consumer needs to look at the chart and do research and decide what is important ...

to me , staking is not as important as the type of metals used and the testing ... I can stake anything in my shop ... I can't stress test in my shop ....

Again , Thank You !!!

Border Rat that returned to Indian Territory.
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for all your hardwork on this.

Feedback Score
    Well done Sir. It seems that companys are stepping and making better rifles.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Thanks for your hard work on this chart.
    I have 1 question though.
    Can you shed some light on the "Other" under DD for their HPT?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Looks like Stag has a response to Chart-goers

http://www.stagarms.com/information.php?info_id=13

Feedback Score
    Nice to see Armalite "pending"

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Thanks for going to the effort to get this new chart up...

DeltaSierra

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal24k View Post
    Looks like Stag has a response to Chart-goers

http://www.stagarms.com/information.php?info_id=13
    "For those wanting a rifle with extra testing and also with features for the constant firing of 5.56 ammunition Stag Arms offers the Plus Package. This package includes individual Magnetic Particle (MP) and High Pressure (HP) testing of the bolt and barrel, upgraded barrel steel, and other features listed below. Available only as a complete package. "

Well and good, but why make a decent rifle available only as an extra-cost Package option? If one has the capability to do so, as they imply, why not charge a bit more and build every rifle correctly to begin with?
    Last edited by SpaceWrangler; 06-22-11 at 22:17.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWrangler View Post
    "For those wanting a rifle with extra testing and also with features for the constant firing of 5.56 ammunition Stag Arms offers the Plus Package. This package includes individual Magnetic Particle (MP) and High Pressure (HP) testing of the bolt and barrel, upgraded barrel steel, and other features listed below. Available only as a complete package. "

Well and good, but why make a decent rifle available only as an extra-cost Package option? If one has the capability to do so, as they imply, why not charge a bit more and build every rifle correctly to begin with?
    Stag targets the budget shooter. Why would they up their prices and move into the mushy middle when they're largely dominating the low end?

Think of it as Timex building a watch to compete with Rolex. They have nothing to gain, nothing to offer that isn't already available from the entrenched "first minder" brand. Who on this site would buy a Stag AR, even if they were "just as good" as the top companies? Not many.

Many categories (regardless of product type) are trending toward "barbell" style sales distribution. Big volumes in the cheap and premium categories, with floundering companies in the middle losing customers to the two extremes.
    This isn't an illegal gun, it's an "undocumented protection device". Don't be so insensitive.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveshamockery View Post
    Stag targets the budget shooter. Why would they up their prices and move into the mushy middle when they're largely dominating the low end?

Think of it as Timex building a watch to compete with Rolex. They have nothing to gain, nothing to offer that isn't already available from the entrenched "first minder" brand. Who on this site would buy a Stag AR, even if they were "just as good" as the top companies? Not many.

Many categories (regardless of product type) are trending toward "barbell" style sales distribution. Big volumes in the cheap and premium categories, with floundering companies in the middle losing customers to the two extremes.
    I guess. But I'd rather have a known value from a manufacturer who insists on doing it right every time.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast