Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Color fill on an AR lower

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just bought my wife an M&P 9C and was thinking this would be a good way to personalize her gun, otherwise she'll just say I bought it so I could use it. Was the process as easy as it looks?
    Last edited by bookin; 03-25-12 at 20:03.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by djmorris View Post
    No offense but why would you want to make a (presumably) fighting rifle look like a Nerf/Airsoft gun? Seems childish.
    Although it isn't my cup of tea i think you did a pretty good job on it. And to be honest it's no different then when some of the "serious" guys on here put on a FDE stock with a O.D. grip. To each his own as long as it shoots i say go for it!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bookin View Post
    I just bought my wife an M&P 9C and was thinking this would be a good way to personalize her gun, otherwise she'll just say I bought it so I could use it. Was the process as easy as it looks?
    It was very easy. As long as you have an hour or two out your schedule, it can be done.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opie610 View Post
    Although it isn't my cup of tea i think you did a pretty good job on it. And to be honest it's no different then when some of the "serious" guys on here put on a FDE stock with a O.D. grip. To each his own as long as it shoots i say go for it!
    +1 on this!!

Feedback Score
    The color I picked was BLACK. Whaddya think?

....not really.

BE AN ORGAN DONOR.
    You can give the gift of life to as many as 50 people!
    It takes less than 3 minutes to register.
    Go to: http://donatelife.net/register-now/

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Nice, but it was already black. Ha ha ha!! I know I opened the door for alot of slick jokes. Let me also say this, If I want to change it (my color fill color) I will. That means going back to blk/white.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider1 View Post
    I have had my AR built for some months now. It looked noce without any "custom painting" or color fill. I was over at one of friends houses and, he had the same lower as I did except, he had color fill on his lower. I think at that moment, I was bitten by the "color fill bug". I went to Michaels craft store and bought some materials. It started out looking ****ed up but by the time I cleaned it up, it looking like it was done professionally. Here are some pics of my work. Have any of you done does this to your lower? I would like to know that I am not the only one to do this.
    While you were at Michaels you should have picked up some plastic rhinestones too. If you are going to paint your AR you might as well do it up all the way and go with the bedazzled look.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider1 View Post
    Nice, but it was already black. Ha ha ha!! I know I opened the door for alot of slick jokes. Let me also say this, If I want to change it (my color fill color) I will. That means going back to blk/white.
    Yep. An attempt at humor, but in all honesty, it's YOUR rifle and you can do whatever you want. If you like it that's all that matters. Enjoy it.

BE AN ORGAN DONOR.
    You can give the gift of life to as many as 50 people!
    It takes less than 3 minutes to register.
    Go to: http://donatelife.net/register-now/

Feedback Score
    Coloring in not my cup of tea, but at least the OP did a good job.

I have seen a use for coloring on lowers. A company I've trained with colored the serial numbers on their training/loaner rifles for faster identification when inspecting and checking in and out.
    Last edited by markdh720; 03-25-12 at 22:49.

Feedback Score
    Find the nearest Resident Evil fanboy and tell them that your willing to make them an offer they can't refuse. Hand them a $100 and your lower, then start fresh.
    "Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave." - Andrew Fletcher, 1698

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"Among Other Evils Which Being Unarmed Brings You, It Causes You To Be Despised." - The Prince, Nicolo Machiavelli

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast