Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear Sector Hand Stop

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I have the Gear Sector light mount, and it's worth every penny in my opinion. By far the best G2 light mount on the market for my needs. Much more streamlined than the Viking tactics mount.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M0rtarMan View Post
    I realize that you are paying for a very meticulously designed and manufactured item, but still $45.00 for this item is excessive. That is just my humble opinion of course, and that is not to say I have not spent more on accessories for my "ladies"

Have you ever figured pricing for manufacturing an item, to include packaging, CNC machine time, CNC maintenance, material cost (raw material, delivery, waste), shipping and other expenses? Now add in a dealer network, and pesky employees that want to get paid for working and you can start to see where its not a matter of what one part costs, its an overall picture.

You are obviously entitled to your opinion, but I would encourage you to think about everything else that goes into it.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think I've got another use for that thing let me know if you think it would work. I run a fixed gas block sight tower and occasionaly burn the shit out of my hand if I grab the rifle too far out and wrap my thumb over the top. I'm thinking if i run one of those things at 12 o'oclock directly behind the front sight it would guard against me getting burned.
    As the great warrior poet Ice-Cube once said, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

Feedback Score
    I think I've got another use for that thing let me know if you think it would work. I run a fixed gas block sight tower and occasionaly burn the shit out of my hand if I grab the rifle too far out and wrap my thumb over the top. I'm thinking if i run one of those things at 12 o'oclock directly behind the front sight it would guard against me getting burned.
    Or, you could run it at 9 o'clock ( for rightys ) as it was contoured to fit the webbing of your hand between your thumb and index finger.

Jason G Trusty
    GEAR SECTOR™
    www.gearsector.com
    1-877-556-GEAR ( Toll Free )
    1-219-406-5795 ( Direct )

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have one on my MRP that I use in conjunction with my Larue FUG. I have the Hand Stop all the way forward on the bottom rail and use it to wrap my index finger around while using the FUG. IT works really well. Also, it is a very well made piece, like all of Gear Sectors stuff!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Have you ever figured pricing for manufacturing an item, to include packaging, CNC machine time, CNC maintenance, material cost (raw material, delivery, waste), shipping and other expenses? Now add in a dealer network, and pesky employees that want to get paid for working and you can start to see where its not a matter of what one part costs, its an overall picture.

You are obviously entitled to your opinion, but I would encourage you to think about everything else that goes into it.
    That price was straight from Gear Sector, no dealer involved. Maybe the price will drop eventually. Or my BRD will kick into overdrive and I will simply buy it

I guess I am just used to buying a lot of Larue product. They also manufacture some of the finest gear on the planet (I visited their facility in the summer of 08 and met Mark and his crew and got to tour the plant)

Larue product is not just great, it is the best bang for your buck. Take the FUG as an example, $98.00 for the best Vert Grip you can buy, not to mention the fact that you can return or exchange product for any reason at any time, no questions asked, and every order you place you get a box full of good swag.
    I would have to say if Larue were to build a product like this, it would be the same price if not cheaper. I guess my brain just finds it difficult to pay $45.00 a 1/2 oz piece of metal, but it has no problem spending $200 for a scope mount. I guess I am simply weird.

Feedback Score
    The GS handstop is wider than the KAC. In my opinion, it's one of the most bad ass looking accessories for the AR. I came really close to buying it just for the looks (I use a VFG) but decided not to at the last moment. I would say buy it, and post pics .

I may end up spending my money on one of their sling attachments instead. I have an MI, but it's pointy and digs into my hand.

Stick, how's that 'never quit grip?'

Quote Originally Posted by JTrusty View Post
    Or, you could run it at 9 o'clock ( for rightys ) as it was contoured to fit the webbing of your hand between your thumb and index finger.

Last edited by JonnyVain; 02-17-10 at 21:21.

Feedback Score
    I'm glad Gear Sector priced it like they did. It helped me decide on Magpul's AFG instead. Seriously I was all over the Gear Sector piece until I saw the price.
    Last edited by steeltoe; 02-17-10 at 23:41.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My impressions.

Pros:

1. Its very low profile with just enough of an angle to allow a positive grip, it really DOES stop the hand from moving rearwards or forward depending on what your goal is.
    2. There are no sharp angles.
    3. Speaking of angles, they're perfect. When paired with a rail cover there is NO seam or gap or any areas that are going to pinch you. The KAC handstop does not work as well with rail covers or ladders due to the front curvature.
    4. It weighs nothing.
    5. For people that arent interested in the AFG but still shoot with a thumbs forward grip, this little sucker is the ticket and beats out every single VFG on the market. Im really amazed at how something so small can give the shooter such a huge degree of purchase on the rifle.

Cons:

1. The price but comparatively, its cheaper than the KAC and its VERY very well made. I like mine a whole hell of a lot better than the KAC product which i offloaded in less than 750 rounds.

All in all, this is a pretty badass little widget for shooters that run their reaction hands in the manner suited for this type of add on.

Get one, you will love it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I guess these would still conduct heat as much as a bare rail would no? In which case gloves would still be required?
    As the great warrior poet Ice-Cube once said, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast