Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 551s are inbound.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sigswiss View Post
    Ski, I just love your jab at Ron Cohen! Well deserved.
    Where did he say that?
    Soldier Systems quoted him from the event they held for journalists in NH shortly after Omaha Outdoors blew the doors open on the P320 drop controversy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dave just updated his FB post. Looks like the 551 LB will be diopter, aluminum, black furniture.

Feedback Score
    When I spoke with him today he told me that you can install a rail on it which will be available for purchase. He also said that the diopters cost much more than the rail.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Speaking of furniture, does anyone know if the Sig556 Classic furniture will interchange with the 551 furniture?
    Swiss handguards will fit the U.S. 556 Classic, but are loose at the gas block.
    U.S. handguards are too large at the gas block to fit the Swiss.
    The U.S. handguards could be trimmed to fit the Swiss for 922(r) purposes. If for any other reason, it would be illegal -or should be.
    Stock and Swiss style (Ron Cohen made in Israel) grip will interchange.

Feedback Score
    sigswiss, thanks for the information on the handguards. Any idea if the pistol grips and buttstocks interchange?

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully 3D printed magazine followers and floor plates.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    When I spoke with him today he told me that you can install a rail on it which will be available for purchase. He also said that the diopters cost much more than the rail.
    That is the b&t rail that keeps getting mentioned. My 550 and 551 has the diopter sights and the b&t rails. The rail mounts really solidly. My 553 and 553r are flat tops. I don’t subscribe to the notion that “it’s a sig so it has to have sights”. The mission drives the choice. I really like that my optics on the 553s are slammed down super low. You don’t need the cheek piece. Throw the gun up and the green triangle of the Trijicon is right there. The 550 and 551 (or any diopter gun) are better with the cheek piece to run optics. Not a bad thing- just a thing.

Feedback Score
    Anyone know if the 751 uses the same quad rail as the 551?

Feedback Score
    I don’t know. My guess is that the full length gun would be a 308 550. So the hand guard would be longer. I’ll check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roughrider1994 View Post
    Anyone know if the 751 uses the same quad rail as the 551?
    Asked Dave Wagner at JDI. No bipod. He is checking on whether it will be a 550 or 551 handguards.

Feedback Score
    With the 751, I would like to purchase the lower picatinny rail attachment for the existing plastic forearm. I am undecided on choosing a direction, to mount a light bipod or grip / grip pod. I have plenty of time to make a decision. No rush . Intended use - light DMR.

Glass is also a big decision. S&B 1-8, 3-12 PM II, Kahles K16i, or Tangent Theta 3-15. I went with the 17.9" {that option is totally kewl}
    Last edited by ralfabco; 02-01-18 at 10:28.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast