Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Geissele 2017 shot show preview

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    This will come as a shock to the hive-mind, here, but the industry does not exist to solely serve the anointed members of M4C.net.

Another thing, the membership of this forum is a drop in the bucket of AR sales. The vast majority of AR owners have never heard of this bastion of enlightenment (that's especially true of actual gun fighters).

I say this to point out that while a given company probably does take in to account points of view and requests from all sorts of customer bases, they don't always execute every request. So if 13 or 58 or however many folks on this site are butt hurt that he isn't making a 10.75 or 11.5 or 1.6^92/4" rail, maybe they should consider that maybe Bill is more concerned with filling the request from 5000 voices asking for a 9 or 13" rail. It's not that your voice falls of deaf ears, but I bet you don't buy your kids everything they ask for either.

After all he is a business man. He probably wouldn't be for long if he kept making batches of rails that only 50 folks wanted rather than the ones that were selling. He isn't an idiot. He probably has done enough research to know if things are worth investing effort and resources on. Just because you don't perceive a use for something doesn't mean there isn't a use or need that has been stated. I'm going to guess that he's doing ok on running his business.

There are a lot of smart folks that make silly goofball products that lots of folks buy. They make stuff for hobbyists. Bill makes real deal head to toe legit tools, that hobbyists sometimes find appealing and tend to covet. If you don't like the direction that he's steering his company, feel free to patronize others. I for one won't be giving my money to many other folks. He has earned mine.

The vast majority of AR owners have never heard of Geissele either.

11.5" barrel is the industry standard length for a shorty.

There are 3 rails on the market for a Westrom pattern AR-10, the PRI, Geissele and the DD 7.62 Lite. The DD 7.62 Lite is no longer made and the Geissele you can't buy. The PRI is the only other stiff rail but is an outdated design. Every other rail for an AR-10 is garbage.

Geissele, for whatever reason, will not release any of their 7.62 rails to the market.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Plenty of tuff guys with beards will be sporting them in classes.
    Do you mean "tuff" guys?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
    Do you mean "tuff" guys?
    There you go, forgot that.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    The vast majority of AR owners have never heard of Geissele either.

There are 3 rails on the market for a Westrom pattern AR-10, the PRI, Geissele and the DD 7.62 Lite. The DD 7.62 Lite is no longer made and the Geissele you can't buy. The PRI is the only other stiff rail but is an outdated design. Every other rail for an AR-10 is garbage.

Geissele, for whatever reason, will not release any of their 7.62 rails to the market.
    Agree with you on the lost opportunity on more shortish rail sizes. 7" and 9.5" are kinda odd-ball IMO, but I guess Geissele isn't sweating it.

They have released a few left over 308 rails here and there on TOS. The only reason I can see that they are hesitant to do 308 rails is that the receiver widths and heights aren't as standardized as the flat to AR upper.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    But it's not the MILITARY standard length for a shorty. At least not since the 629/630/649 guns went away or were rebuilt by the AF into some franken-gun.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    But it's not the MILITARY standard length for a shorty. At least not since the 629/630/649 guns went away or were rebuilt by the AF into some franken-gun.
    Military has the RIS II and unless they are going to be issuing a RIS III anytime soon, it would be wiser to focus on the industry side of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That is a meaningless point.

A block 2 MK18 uses a DD rail.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    That is a meaningless point.

A block 2 MK18 uses a DD rail.
    So is your point that it is incumbent on Bill Geissele to solve all the problems this handful of memebers find with the market.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I am a bit perplexed by something. Geissele did make 10" rails (I have a couple) and they were solid sellers from what I saw. I was shocked when they stopped making them. We have had a few agencies complain that they can't get them any longer as well.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I am a bit perplexed by something. Geissele did make 10" rails (I have a couple) and they were solid sellers from what I saw. I was shocked when they stopped making them. We have had a few agencies complain that they can't get them any longer as well.
    I guess they dropped it for the 9.5" since the 10" isn't compatible with 10.3" barrels. A 10.5" or 10.75" would be best for an 11.5" barrel.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast