Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E.M.P Bomb

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not a scientist but from my understanding EMP damage is produced from inducing current in wires. The longer the wire, the more amplitude of current will be produced.

Even a modern vehicle has a tiny fraction of the amount of wire than the hundreds of thousands (probably millions) of miles of wire in the power and communications grid. If you are close enough to the detonation for your car to stop running, you have much bigger things to worry about.

*Edit* Think of it this way, the level of EM radiation required to blow out a small circuit would produce tens of thousands of volts in long barb wire fences. If you start seeing fence posts bursting into flames while driving along a country road you should worry.
    Last edited by wildcard600; 03-13-17 at 09:03.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    I thought this was a discussion about the EMP by Springfield Armory...ooops!

Feedback Score
    Everybody talks about an enemy detonating a nuke above CONUS to knock out the electronics, but wouldn't there be a cloud of nuclear fallout that spreads over the land killing people, plants and animals too?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tanktop View Post
    Only nuclear powers are capable of a real EMP strike. It would need to be a nuclear weapon detonated in the upper atmosphere.
    I had to do that one time on a very secret mission. After the Ultra-Nationalist Russians had invaded the East Coast and were kicking the crap out of the U.S. Military, the SAS team I was assigned to had to infiltrate a Russian submarine base. I took it upon myself to launch a nuke from the sub into outer space. I sacrificed one space station and a few Astro-naughts, but the following EMP allowed the U.S. to regain the upper hand.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Everybody talks about an enemy detonating a nuke above CONUS to knock out the electronics, but wouldn't there be a cloud of nuclear fallout that spreads over the land killing people, plants and animals too?
    No. The blast is too high in the atmosphere. Fallout comes from material thrown into to air from a surface detonation.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    HOWDY,I had to do that one time on a very secret mission. After the Ultra-Nationalist Russians had invaded the East Coast and were kicking the crap out of the U.S. Military, the SAS team I was assigned to had to infiltrate a Russian submarine base. I took it upon myself to launch a nuke from the sub into outer space. I sacrificed one space station and a few Astro-naughts, but the following EMP allowed the U.S. to regain the upper hand.
    Fixed.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    The OP that started this thread is a known thief and convicted felon, and ain't coming back.

So posts in his thread are pretty pointless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12