Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primary Arms 1-6x Gen 3 Scope

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Primary Arms 1-6x Gen 3 Scope

These have been out for a few weeks now, my thoughts:

Pros:
    -ACSS reticle is one of the, if not the best, BDC on the market (according to this guy)
    -lifetime warranty
    -Chevron aiming point allows for increased precision when zeroing
    -reduced weight over previous versions and competitive options
    -takes all common 30mm mounts
    -Under $300 street price
    -improved scope caps vs. earlier generations

Cons:
    -whether it's "daylight bright" is up for debate

Full review:

Last edited by Mrgunsngear; 03-16-17 at 09:11.

Feedback Score
    Great review. I just wish they had a longer warranty. However I have eight of their products.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The gen 3 warranty is now lifetime instead of just 3 years.

Feedback Score
    I bought a gen2 last summer and I really like it, my only compliant is it's heavy. The new gen3 isn't much lighter but there are improvements and this makes me want to buy the new version.

Thanks for the review.

Feedback Score
    Great review! Thank you for taking the time to put it together.
    "There is no nice way to arrest a potentially dangerous, combative suspect. The police are our bodyguards; our hired fists, batons and guns. We pay them to do the dirty work of protecting us. The work we're too afraid, too unskilled, or too civilized to do ourselves. We expect them to keep the bad guys out of our businesses, out of our cars, out of our houses, and out of our faces. We just don't want to see how its done."
    -Charles H. Webb, Ph.D.

Feedback Score
    Great review.

One question though. If you had to choose between the Gen III 1-6 and the newer 1-8 you reviewed earlier, which one would you pick?

I'm thinking of picking up one of these myself, but I'm interested in hearing how they compare. I watched your Gen II 1-6 vs 1-8 video and came away thinking the 1-8 was the better option but I'm curious to see if that changed with the Gen III 1-6.

Feedback Score
    An excellent review! That looks like a lot of scope for the money, but the reticle looks a little busy.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    An excellent review! That looks like a lot of scope for the money, but the reticle looks a little busy.
    I have a gen2 and other than the gen3 uses a Chevron instead of a dot, it's not bad. I find it easy to use and fairly intuitive.

I'm looking for another budget scope and I believe this will once again be it.

I'm going to be getting the Trijicon ACOG with the ACSS reticle for my main carbine. After using the Primary Arms 1-6X scope with the ACSS reticle, I really like it.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-n-Ky View Post
    I have a gen2 and other than the gen3 uses a Chevron instead of a dot, it's not bad. I find it easy to use and fairly intuitive.

I'm looking for another budget scope and I believe this will once again be it.

I'm going to be getting the Trijicon ACOG with the ACSS reticle for my main carbine. After using the Primary Arms 1-6X scope with the ACSS reticle, I really like it.
    Is Trijicon in a partnership with Primary Arms? I was under the impression PA had the patent on the ACSS. Do you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    That is my exact hesitation on the scope as well. It just looks too busy for what I like. That's said I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one and running it a few weeks. But as a matter of preference I like my reticles cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast