Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constant Action Trigger

Feedback Score

Constant Action Trigger

I was looking through the specials CDNN has and even though I am not one bit interested in the Beretta PX4 Storm I saw that it says that the trigger is "Constant Action." What type of trigger is this and what are the differences?

Thank you for your input guys.
    “In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy.”

- Fran Lebowitz.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Constant action is the equivalent of HK's LEM and SIG's DAO trigger. It is a double action only trigger and like the HK and SIG, it plain sucks. The standard double/single actions are great pistols.
    Last edited by MarkG; 01-12-11 at 22:16.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MK18Pilot View Post
    Constant action is the equivalent of HK's LEM and SIG's DAO trigger. It is a double action only trigger and like the HK and SIG, it plain sucks. The standard double/single actions are great pistols.
    Nice opinion....

Honestly, a better response would have been:

PX4's as a whole arent exactly the greatest guns. If you like the trigger style you would be better served with an HK with the LEM trigger that has a bit of a learning curve but is a pretty neat system and functions very well IF you like that kind of trigger press/pull.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The constant action is basically a light double action only pull. No second strike and the reset sucks. Like magz said LEM or DAK are better options.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    like the HK... it plain sucks.
    Respectfully disagree.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Umm, no. The LEM feels similar to a nice S&W double action revolver, which means it's phenomenal. What sucks, and sucks hard are DA/SA triggers.
    Last edited by .45fmjoe; 01-13-11 at 10:00.

Feedback Score
    I love it when guys rip DAK or LEM triggers. I even heard one guy say that "real shooters" would never carry a pistol so equipped, that a "real shooter" would only carry a DA/SA or a S/A pistol. My P226 DAK has saved my bacon more than once. Worked exceedingly fine on those occasions. So well that is the only type of trigger I will carry.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    LEM/DAK triggers are counterintuitive to good trigger control. Nobody wants anything to do with "euro" until it involves a trigger and then its the best thing since _______________.

Relating any anecdotal value of the triggers is pointless. As are any comparisons to an eight track tape, er uh I mean revolver. You like them, I don't. Where do we go from here?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    So...what you're saying is that revolvers are counter intuitive to trigger control?

At speed an LEM trigger FEELS just like a good quality DOA revolver.

LEM/DAK triggers are counterintuitive to good trigger control. Nobody wants anything to do with "euro" until it involves a trigger and then its the best thing since _______________.

Relating any anecdotal value of the triggers is pointless. As are any comparisons to an eight track tape, er uh I mean revolver. You like them, I don't. Where do we go from here?

Feedback Score
    LEM isn't a horrible trigger, I think I once described it as a self decocking DA/SA pistol. Unlike the DAK the reset point doesn't increase the pull weight.

I was handed Todd's P30 during a PT class, and shot it using the reset point with no issues, one handed. With a little practice I think that I could've easily ran it at speed. Other than having a lighter pull it wasn't much different than running a DA/SA Sig at speed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast