Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasonable Gun Control Laws

Feedback Score
    Any and each law is a seed for another.

The Second Amendment was ratified to prohibit the Federal government from interfering with the peoples God given natural rights to defend oneself; be it from a criminal, a bear, or the government.

It's amazing to me how successful the progressive movement has been it making the original intent of the Founding Fathers sound radical.

Other than prohibiting felons and mentally disabled there should be no Federal gun laws. And, being that we are talking about natural right of man, I don't buy into the idea that States should be able to make restrictive laws. In all the reading I have done on the writing of the Constitution, I can find no evidence that any Founding Fathers would have supported the ability for states to interfere with the peoples natural rights.
    Last edited by OldState; 03-23-12 at 15:36.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs down

No, there are no reasonable gun control laws. They are all tyrannical.

How about the laws already on the books for homicide?
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    Any and each law is a seed for another.

The Second Amendment was ratified to prohibit the Federal government from interfering with the peoples God given natural rights to defend oneself; be it from a criminal, a bear, or the government.

It's amazing to me how successful the progressive movement has been it making the original intent of the Founding Fathers sound radical.

Other than prohibiting felons and mentally disabled there should be no Federal gun laws. And, being that we are talking about natural right of man, I don't buy into the idea that States should be able to make restrictive laws. In all the reading I have done on the writing of the Constitution, I can find no evidence that any Founding Fathers would have supported the ability for states to interfere with the peoples natural rights.

14th Amendment.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My favorite is when the gun control groups say "we need compromise regarding guns". Well, its not compromise when only one side (gun owners) gives up something and the other side gives up nothing.
    Failure to train is training to fail.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    14th Amendment.
    Yes, that should take care of it but I'm talking about original intent. I don't feel we need the 14th Amendment to incorporate the States into the amendments of the Bill of Rights dealing with natural rights.

I also am quite confident that a man like Thomas Jefferson would believe fully automatic weapons should be legal.....especially Jefferson.
    Last edited by OldState; 03-23-12 at 15:58.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
    I fully support legislation that keeps guns away from those that are mentally or criminally unfit.

That's about the only law I can think of I agree with. And when I say 'unfit', I mean, without a shadow of a doubt....NOT like some cases now where you get your guns taken away because a doctor said you might be depressed.

In a perfect world, you really wouldn't even need the 'criminally unfit' part, as those who have served their time should be allowed to own guns again, and those too dangerous to own them should not be allowed out of prison.
    This.........
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    How about the laws already on the books for homicide?
    That's completely unacceptable! If our elected "leader" weren't coming up with new laws how could they justify their employment?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeywhat View Post
    Oh, and as far as minors are concerned, I would like to see the age for long guns dropped to 16, and I'd probably extend that to handguns as well. My line of thinking is that if you can legally drive, and can legally hunt, you should legally be able to drive yourself to a hunting location with your own freakin' gun. I would possibly move handgun ownership out to 18 years old, to include the ability to carry at that point as well.
    In other words, you want everyone else to follow whatever you think is best for them, even though it makes no sense at all. Congratulations, you and the Feds agree on that concept, even though you disagree on the specific regulations...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
    Just as long as it's not your guns am I hearing this right?
    Not...even...close

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    That's completely unacceptable! If our elected "leader" weren't coming up with new laws how could they justify their employment?
    funny, i think they should all be debating on why new laws are retarded, instead of trying to pass new ones as progress.

instead of saying i passed 42 new laws this year, it should read i voted nay on 42 retarded power grabbing laws this year.
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast